Angela Crawley’s voting in Parliament
Angela Crawley is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Angela Crawley’s votes.
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 20 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
42 votes for, 1 vote against, 11 absences, between 2016–2018
We have lots more plain English analysis of Angela Crawley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Angela Crawley’s full vote analysis page for more.
Angela Crawley has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 5 Sep 2018
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Stringer. I congratulate the hon. Member for Poplar and Limehouse (Jim Fitzpatrick) on securing the debate, and on his sustained and dedicated campaigning on this matter. I welcome the fact that the House has made suitable accommodations so that the debate is accessible for everyone, and I welcome everyone watching, both here and at home....
The Home Secretary recently responded to the Shaw report on immigration detention by commissioning a number of reviews. However, in his statement he failed to mention Stephen Shaw’s recommendation that the practice of detaining pregnant women should end. It has been revealed that more than 100 pregnant women were detained last year, yet only 20 of them were deported. There is simply no...
The Minister mentioned single parents. As she will be aware, 91% of lone parents are women. Does she agree that the new conditionality requirements for lone parents under universal credit will have a hugely disproportionate impact on women? Will she make representations to the Department for Work and Pensions about that?
More of Angela Crawley’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Lanark and Hamilton East
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Angela Crawley campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- Ministry of Justice
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Employment Tribunals Service: Fees and Charges
- Children: Maintenance
- Universal Credit
- Social Security Benefits
- Detention Centres: Sexual Offences
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Pensions) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Youth affairs) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Children and Families) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Equalities) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Disabilities) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Family Support) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Housing) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Child Maintenance) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Equalities, Women and Children) (20 May 2015 to 1 Jul 2018)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Angela Crawley’s speeches
- Has received answers to 42 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 59.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 49 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angela Crawley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 101 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from