As a result of COVID-19, some MPs were less able to vote in Parliament in certain periods, and this will be reflected by absences in their voting record.
Show more detail
- 11th May to 2nd June 2020
All MPs could vote remotely through an online voting tool. Votes cast remotely are shown as normal on the TheyWorkForYou voting record.
- 2nd to 9th June 2020
The option of online voting was removed, and a number of MPs may have been unable to vote because they were not physically able to attend.
- 10th June 2020 onwards
The requirements on proxy voting were relaxed, allowing MPs to designate another MP to cast a vote on their behalf.
If an MP votes by proxy, it is effectively exactly the same as if they cast the vote in person and it shows up on their TheyWorkForYou voting record.
MPs are not required to designate a proxy, and may instead pair with an opposing MP to miss a vote. Parliament does not record when two MPs have come to a pairing arrangement, so on TheyWorkForYou, they will both appear to have been absent for the vote.
We will update this information if the situation changes. See more detail on votes during the COVID-19 period here.
Angela Crawley’s voting in Parliament
Angela Crawley is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a random selection of Angela Crawley’s votes.
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
13 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2022.
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2016–2020.
Voted a mixture of for and against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2015–2022.
Voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 2016–2021.
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 27 votes against, 7 absences, between 2015–2022.
Has never voted on raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2022.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Angela Crawley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Angela Crawley’s full vote analysis page for more.
Angela Crawley has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Miscarriage Leave Bill: Second Reading – Angela Crawley.
What recent assessment his Department has made of the potential impact of the increase in the energy price guarantee in April 2023 on households.
Contrary to what the Secretary of State says, the consequences will be dire. The Institute of Health Equity indicates that the development of millions of children will be damaged, so will he commit to providing adequate support for vulnerable families so that no child suffers the diverse health impacts of fuel poverty this winter?
More of Angela Crawley’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Lanark and Hamilton East
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Angela Crawley campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Children: Maintenance
- Universal Credit
- Immigration: EU Nationals
- Personal Independence Payment: Hyperactivity
- Occupational Pensions
Currently held offices
- Member, Approved Premises (Substance Testing) Bill Committee (since 8 Dec 2021)
- Member, Judicial Review and Courts Bill (since 27 Oct 2021)
- Member, Justice Committee (since 25 May 2021)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Attorney General) (since 1 Feb 2021)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Defence Procurement) (since 7 Jan 2020)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (2 Mar 2020 to 25 May 2021)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (13 May 2019 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Pensions) (1 Jul 2018 to 7 Jan 2020)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Youth affairs) (1 Jul 2018 to 7 Jan 2020)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Children and Families) (1 Jul 2018 to 7 Jan 2020)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Equalities) (1 Jul 2018 to 7 Jan 2020)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Disabilities) (20 Jun 2017 to 7 Jan 2020)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Family Support) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Housing) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Child Maintenance) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Equalities, Women and Children) (20 May 2015 to 1 Jul 2018)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)