Angela Crawley’s voting in Parliament
Angela Crawley is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Angela Crawley’s votes.
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
20 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Angela Crawley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Angela Crawley’s full vote analysis page for more.
Angela Crawley has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
It is perhaps not surprising that while Brexit dominates most political debate, issues of huge importance sometimes slip through the scrutiny of this place, and I believe that the Child Maintenance Service falls into that category. After several months of working through the formalities of this House, I am delighted finally to have the opportunity to raise my concerns and highlight in the...
I wholeheartedly agree my hon. Friend that such errors, so glaring and so obvious, should be addressed by the Government. The service levels offered to my constituents are often inconsistent, and CMS rules are often not followed by departmental staff. For example, requests to use the collect and pay service are often discouraged by advisers. I have previously raised the case of a constituent...
I congratulate the right hon. Member for Birkenhead (Frank Field) on highlighting some of the deeply rooted problems with the accelerated roll-out of universal credit. However, it is indicative of this Government’s complete disregard that we find ourselves debating the issue again. I highlight the notable contributions of the right hon. Member for Birkenhead, my hon. Friends the...
More of Angela Crawley’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Lanark and Hamilton East
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Angela Crawley campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Ministry of Justice
- Women and Equalities
- Social Security Benefits
- Children: Maintenance
- Detention Centres: Sexual Offences
- Employment Tribunals Service: Fees and Charges
- Child Maintenance Service: Training
Currently held offices
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Disabilities) (since 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Family Support) (since 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Housing) (since 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Child Maintenance) (since 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Equalities, Women and Children) (since 20 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Angela Crawley’s speeches
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 54.76% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 51 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angela Crawley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 86 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from