Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
Kirsten Oswald’s voting in Parliament
Kirsten Oswald is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Kirsten Oswald’s votes.
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2020
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
20 votes for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, between 2016–2020
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Last updated: 25 Feb 2020.
Please share these votes responsibly.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kirsten Oswald’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kirsten Oswald’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kirsten Oswald has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what (a) instructions and (b) guidance (i) he and (ii) NHS England has issued to recruiters of staff to temporary roles in the test, trace, isolate phase of virus control on the recruitment of people on furlough from private sector jobs.
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer, pursuant to the Answer of 12 May 2020 to Question 43961 on Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, what discussions he has had with (a) the Home Secretary and (b) other Cabinet colleagues on enforcement of the obligation on employers to utilise funds paid under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme in accordance with clause 2.2 of the Schedule to the Treasury...
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer, pursuant to the Answer of 12 May 2020 to Question 43961 on Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, which of the 20,024 weblinks that are returned when the search query HMRC iForm is entered into the search facility of the GOV.UK website contains the iForm referred to in that Answer.
More of Kirsten Oswald’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for East Renfrewshire
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Kirsten Oswald campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
- Carers' Benefits
- Armed Forces: Complaints
- Investment Trusts
- Unmanned Air Vehicles
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Northern Ireland) (since 7 Jan 2020)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Wales) (since 7 Jan 2020)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Work, Pensions and Inclusion) (since 7 Jan 2020)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Armed Forces and Veterans) (20 May 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Kirsten Oswald’s speeches
- Has received answers to 22 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 80.43% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
Note SNP MPs do not generally vote on legislation not affecting Scotland, as these matters are devolved to the Scottish Parliament.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 59 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kirsten Oswald’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 107 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 26 May 2020.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from City of Glasgow College, Cathedral Street, Glasgow G4 0RF:
26 December 2019, received £1,599.89 for lecturing. Hours: none since my election. (Registered 08 January 2020)
26 January 2020, received £273.03 for conclusion of marking work at the end of this past employment, plus accrued holiday pay. Hours: 11 hrs. (Registered 13 February 2020)
Business Convenor SNP
(Chair). (Registered 08 January 2020)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from