A selection of Kirsten Oswald's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
17 votes for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kirsten Oswald’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kirsten Oswald’s full vote analysis page for more.
What assessment he has made of the potential effect of provisions of the great repeal Bill on Wales’s devolved competences.
Wales has consistently voted to make the National Assembly responsible for the governance of its own country and to transfer responsibilities away from Westminster and closer to the people in Wales. Will the Secretary of State give a concrete guarantee that there will be no attempt to undermine devolution in relation to any of the devolved Governments?
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, pursuant to the Answer of 8 March 2017 to Question 66737, on Surrogate mothers: lone parents, when he plans to bring forward legislative proposals to give single parents with children born through surrogacy the same rights as couples.
More of Kirsten Oswald’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for East Renfrewshire
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Kirsten Oswald campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- HM Treasury
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
- Carers' Benefits
- Unmanned Air Vehicles
- Armed Forces: Complaints
- Investment Trusts
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Armed Forces and Veterans) (20 May 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 84 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Kirsten Oswald’s speeches
- Has received answers to 143 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 60.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 61 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 92 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from