Neil Gray’s voting in Parliament
Neil Gray is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Neil Gray’s votes.
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 21 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Neil Gray’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Neil Gray’s full vote analysis page for more.
Neil Gray has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, if we will meet with the Chief Executive of HMRC to discuss the outcome of the recent meeting with Roadchef Employee Benefits Trust on 14 May 2018; and if he will make an assessment of the potential merits of mediation to resolve that dispute.
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. I seek your advice on what constitutes a debate. Does one Minister speaking for 19 minutes, and riding roughshod over 20 years of the devolved settlement, constitute a debate in your eyes or under Standing Orders?
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, with reference to section 3.1 of his Department’s consultation entitled, Pre-paid funeral plans: call for evidence, published in June 2018, what the evidential basis is for the statement that the current framework of self-regulation in the funeral plan sector is not sufficient.
More of Neil Gray’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Airdrie and Shotts
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Neil Gray campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department of Health
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Access to Work Programme
- Taxation: Fraud
- Corporation Tax: Crown Dependencies and British Overseas Territories
- Personal Independence Payment
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Social Justice) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Fair Work and Employment) (19 Oct 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Palace of Westminster (Joint Committee) (16 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 88 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Neil Gray’s speeches
- Has received answers to 98 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.40% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 35 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Neil Gray’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 168 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 4 Jun 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Excelsior Stadium Ltd
Address of donor: Craigneuk Avenue, Airdrie ML6 8QZ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two hospitality tickets to see Elton John
concert held within constituency
, value £250 each, total value £500.
Date received: 24 June 2017
Date accepted: 24 June 2017
Donor status: company, registration SC340763
(Registered 28 June 2017)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from