Neil Gray’s voting in Parliament
Neil Gray is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Neil Gray’s votes.
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
46 votes for, 4 votes against, 12 absences, between 2016–2019
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
We have lots more plain English analysis of Neil Gray’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Neil Gray’s full vote analysis page for more.
Neil Gray has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 11 Feb 2019
Will the right hon. Gentleman give way?
This Government must surely seek a new mandate for their proposed massive cuts to low-income pensioner households, given that they were approved seven years, two Governments and two Parliaments ago. Why is the Leader of the House denying this House the opportunity to vote on the Government’s cuts to pension credit?
More of Neil Gray’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Airdrie and Shotts
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Neil Gray campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department of Health
- Universal Credit
- Personal Independence Payment
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Access to Work Programme
- Taxation: Fraud
Currently held offices
- Member, Draft Parliamentary Buildings (Restoration and Renewal) Bill Committee (since 26 Nov 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (since 30 Oct 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Social Justice) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Fair Work and Employment) (19 Oct 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Palace of Westminster (Joint Committee) (16 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 92 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Neil Gray’s speeches
- Has received answers to 102 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.26% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 35 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Neil Gray’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 195 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)