Neil Gray’s voting in Parliament
Neil Gray is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Neil Gray’s votes.
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
19 votes for, 3 votes against, 3 absences, between 2016–2017
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Neil Gray’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Neil Gray’s full vote analysis page for more.
Neil Gray has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
It is a pleasure to have this unexpected opportunity to take part in the debate and to speak to amendment 70, which stands in the name of my right hon. Friend the Member for Ross, Skye and Lochaber (Ian Blackford) and other hon. Friends. I will, of course, be brief. It is also a pleasure to follow the Minister. He was incredibly thorough in setting out his interpretation of the argument, but...
My hon. Friend makes very salient points. He represents a constituency that relies on those skills and labour. If the UK Government are serious about their apparent respect for the Scottish Government’s role in this process—undermined, of course, by them voting down yesterday the devolved Parliaments’ legislative consent-enabling amendment 79 in the name of my hon. Friend...
Absolutely. I agree with the hon. Gentleman’s very good point. We support new clause 67, which stands in the name of the Leader of the Opposition, which would protect environmental provisions. This is linked to a constituency concern that I have. Last week, I visited the Tarmac quarry at Cairneyhill, near Caldercruix in my constituency. It provides 30 good jobs and some of its staff...
More of Neil Gray’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Airdrie and Shotts
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Neil Gray campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Treasury
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- House of Commons Commission
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Corporation Tax: Crown Dependencies and British Overseas Territories
- National Lottery: Scotland
- Access to Work Programme
- Children: Maintenance
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Social Justice) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Fair Work and Employment) (19 Oct 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Palace of Westminster (Joint Committee) (16 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Neil Gray’s speeches
- Has received answers to 51 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 35 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Neil Gray’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 118 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Excelsior Stadium Ltd
Address of donor: Craigneuk Avenue, Airdrie ML6 8QZ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two hospitality tickets to see Elton John
concert held within constituency
, value £250 each, total value £500.
Date received: 24 June 2017
Date accepted: 24 June 2017
Donor status: company, registration SC340763
(Registered 28 June 2017)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from