Gerald Jones’s voting in Parliament
Gerald Jones is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Gerald Jones sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Gerald Jones generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gerald Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gerald Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gerald Jones has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Ms Ryan. I am pleased to take part in this important debate. I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Hammersmith (Andy Slaughter) on securing it. Along with other hon. Members here, I am a member of the all-party group on home electrical safety, so I declare that interest. I have come to the debate because of the historical links that...
More of Gerald Jones’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Merthyr Tydfil and Rhymney
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Gerald Jones campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Wales Office
- HM Treasury
- Attorney General
- Home Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Minimum Wage: Wales
- Apprentices: Wales
- National Wildlife Crime Unit
- Emergency Services: Vehicles
- Care Homes: Wales
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Wales) (since 10 Oct 2016)
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (since 6 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 21 Nov 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Gerald Jones’s speeches
- Has received answers to 15 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.66% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 42 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gerald Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 46 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from