Gerald Jones’s voting in Parliament
Gerald Jones is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Gerald Jones sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Gerald Jones generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gerald Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gerald Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gerald Jones has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
What recent representations he has made to his Myanmar counterpart on the treatment of the Rohingya people.
We are seeing the heartbreaking pictures and hearing the tragic stories of the plight of the Rohingya people on a daily basis now. Will the Minister increase his representations? Specifically in the light of the evidence of the atrocities by the Myanmar armed forces, does he feel that the decision to lift the EU sanctions against the military regime was premature?
What recent assessment he has made of the potential merits of reducing the voting age to 16.
More of Gerald Jones’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Merthyr Tydfil and Rhymney
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Gerald Jones campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Wales Office
- HM Treasury
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Attorney General
- Minimum Wage: Wales
- Apprentices: Wales
- National Wildlife Crime Unit
- Emergency Services: Vehicles
- Department for Work and Pensions: Location
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (since 3 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Wales) (10 Oct 2016 to 3 Jul 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 21 Nov 2016)
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Gerald Jones’s speeches
- Has received answers to 20 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 44 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gerald Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 48 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: UNISON
Address of donor: Custom House Street, Cardiff CF10 1AP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: printing and distribution of a direct mail letter with a value of £3,966.34
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 06 July 2017
Name of donor: GMB
Address of donor: Garley House, 17 Newport Road, Cardiff CF24 0TB
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 06 July 2017)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from