Ronnie Cowan’s voting in Parliament
Ronnie Cowan is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Ronnie Cowan’s votes.
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 21 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
17 votes for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, between 2016–2017
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ronnie Cowan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ronnie Cowan’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ronnie Cowan has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what discussions she has had with (a) Cabinet colleagues and (b) the devolved administrations on making cannabis available through pharmaceuticals where use of that drug can be helpful.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how his Department plans to work with the Scottish Government on protecting children from junk food marketing.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what discussions he has had with the Scottish Government on developing advertising powers to enable that government to protect children from junk food marketing.
More of Ronnie Cowan’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Inverclyde
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Ronnie Cowan campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department of Health
- HM Treasury
- Jobcentres: Port Glasgow
- Children: Maintenance
- Welfare Tax Credits
- Renewable Energy: Feed-in Tariffs
Currently held offices
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Transport Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Ronnie Cowan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 42 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 83.33% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ronnie Cowan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 51 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Mr Michael Thurlow
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 04 July 2017
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Ronnie Cowan Solutions Ltd; an IT
consultancy which ceased trading before my election. (Registered 16 March 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from