A selection of Ronnie Cowan's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 21 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ronnie Cowan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ronnie Cowan’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, following the accepting of an appeal against a personal independence payment award, how many claimants (a) are offered a revised decision by his Department prior to the appeal being heard, (b) accept the revised decision leading to the appeal lapsing, (c) reject the revised decision and continue with the appeal and (d) accept the revised...
I am a member of the Committee, so there is plenty I could say about the report, but I will respect your wish, Mr Speaker, for us to keep comments and questions short. The most important line in the report is perhaps that there should be “careful and restrained use of the machinery of government”— for example, of the civil service and the purdah provisions. Will the hon....
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, whether Ministers of his Department have plans to visit constituencies affected by the proposed closure of jobcentres.
More of Ronnie Cowan’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Inverclyde
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Ronnie Cowan campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- HM Treasury
- Jobcentres: Port Glasgow
- Welfare Tax Credits
- Children: Maintenance
- Renewable Energy: Feed-in Tariffs
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Ronnie Cowan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 44 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.17% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 53 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 44 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from