A selection of Ronnie Cowan's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 21 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
54 votes for, 8 votes against, 13 absences, between 2017–2019
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ronnie Cowan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ronnie Cowan’s full vote analysis page for more.
Fireworks in politics can be entertaining. Unfortunately, fireworks of explosive types can cause great distress to sensitive people, pets and livestock. The SNP Scottish Government ran a 14-week consultation and received over 16,000 responses: 94% of respondents said that they would welcome increased controls on the sale of fireworks. The relevant legislation covers consumer protection on...
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what assessment he has made of the implications for his policies of the collapse of Thomas Cook.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what steps his Department taken to help ensure customers affected by the collapse of Thomas Cook receive compensation.
More of Ronnie Cowan’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Inverclyde
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 6 November 2019 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Ronnie Cowan campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Ministry of Defence
- Home Office
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Cannabis: Medical Treatments
- Drug Seizures
- Gaming Machines
- Children: Maintenance
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Infrastructure) (1 Jul 2018 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Procedure Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 20 Nov 2017)
- Member, Transport Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Ronnie Cowan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 63 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.17% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
Note SNP MPs do not generally vote on legislation not affecting Scotland, as these matters are devolved to the Scottish Parliament.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 48 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 126 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)