A selection of Margaret Ferrier's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 19 votes against, 4 absences, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
18 votes for, 2 votes against, 3 absences, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Margaret Ferrier’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Margaret Ferrier’s full vote analysis page for more.
I hope you will indulge me for a moment, Mr Speaker. When I took my oath, you told me that my voice would be heard in this Chamber, and you have kept your word. You have been a champion for Back Benchers and I thank you for that.
To ask the Prime Minister, whether she discussed the Saudi Arabia-led coalition participation in the conflict in Yemen at her meeting with the King of Saudi Arabia in April 2017.
To ask the Prime Minister, whether in her meeting with King Salman of Saudi Arabia in April 2017 she discussed with him the cases of Ali Mohammed al-Nimr, Dawood al-Marhoon and Abdullah al-Zaher.
More of Margaret Ferrier’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Rutherglen and Hamilton West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Margaret Ferrier campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Scotland Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Ministry of Defence
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Jobcentres: Glasgow
- Food Banks: Scotland
- Trident Missiles: Testing
- Saudi Arabia: Capital Punishment
- Yemen: Cluster Munitions
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Scotland Office) (20 May 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 171 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Margaret Ferrier’s speeches
- Has received answers to 214 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.74% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 60 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 127 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from