Julie Cooper’s voting in Parliament
Julie Cooper is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Julie Cooper sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Julie Cooper generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julie Cooper’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julie Cooper’s full vote analysis page for more.
Julie Cooper has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
GPs around the country are facing unprecedented pressures as they work to deliver the highest possible standards of care, despite underinvestment and increasing patient demand. A record number of GP practices closed in 2016. Are the Government really serious about addressing the problem for the sake of GPs and their patients? If so, why has the promised £16 million resilience fund not...
On that point, is the Minister prepared to acknowledge that professional indemnity is a significant burden for community pharmacists? That is something he might want to consider before going ahead with his funding cuts.
More of Julie Cooper’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Burnley
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Julie Cooper campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
- State Retirement Pensions: Age
- Medical Records: Databases
- Disability Living Allowance: Lancashire
- Kashmir: Politics and Government
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Health) (Community Health) (since 9 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Health Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Julie Cooper’s speeches
- Has received answers to 141 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 61.76% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Julie Cooper’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 42 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from