Julie Cooper’s voting in Parliament
Julie Cooper is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Julie Cooper sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Julie Cooper generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julie Cooper’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julie Cooper’s full vote analysis page for more.
Julie Cooper has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
I am grateful to my hon. Friend the Member for Bethnal Green and Bow (Rushanara Ali) for securing this important debate—although, as other Members have said, it is not really a debate, because most of us agree. We are all horrified. We have heard the details of atrocities for weeks in the House, and none of us can have failed to be shocked by the child beheadings, the rape, the murder...
Absolutely, and I am grateful to the hon. Lady for making that point. My constituents and I—and, I am sure, many Members on both sides of the House—want to see the British Government lead not just in respect of the naming and shaming of the military and on humanitarian aid, but in the long term, when the current crisis has calmed down, in respect of a permanent solution that will...
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Sir Roger. I begin by thanking the hon. Member for Witney (Robert Courts) for securing a debate on this important subject. It gives us an opportunity to discuss a subject that I would suggest goes beyond Oxfordshire. Forgive me if I am not as familiar with the healthcare scene in Oxfordshire as many of the hon. Members who have spoken today,...
More of Julie Cooper’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Burnley
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Julie Cooper campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
- State Retirement Pensions: Age
- Medical Records: Databases
- Disability Living Allowance: Lancashire
- Kashmir: Politics and Government
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Health) (Community Health) (since 9 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Health Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Julie Cooper’s speeches
- Has received answers to 46 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.30% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 66 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Julie Cooper’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 49 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unison North West
Address of donor: Albert Square, Manchester M60 2LA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,500
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 04 July 2017
Name of donor: David Riley
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 05 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from