Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
A selection of Julie Cooper's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
47 votes for, 10 votes against, 20 absences, between 2017–2019
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julie Cooper’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julie Cooper’s full vote analysis page for more.
The Todmorden curve railway link would never have been made had it not been for the Labour-led Burnley Council.
And Hyndburn Council. I beg your pardon.
Does the hon. Gentleman agree that, if we are to take the Government’s commitments on the environment seriously, at the heart of it should be a commitment to enhancing public transport?
More of Julie Cooper’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Burnley
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 6 November 2019 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Julie Cooper campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Education
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Prescriptions: Fees and Charges
- NHS: Dental Services
- Dental Services: Children
- Kashmir: Politics and Government
- Dental Health: Children
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Health and Social Care) (Community Health) (9 Jan 2018 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (Community Health) (9 Oct 2016 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Julie Cooper’s speeches
- Has received answers to 39 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.19% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 67 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 101 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)