Julie Cooper’s voting in Parliament
Julie Cooper is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Julie Cooper’s votes.
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 17 votes against, 6 absences, between 2015–2016
Voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
34 votes for, 6 votes against, 15 absences, between 2017–2018
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julie Cooper’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julie Cooper’s full vote analysis page for more.
Julie Cooper has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Gapes. I am grateful to the hon. Member for Bolton West (Chris Green) for securing this debate on a really important subject. I will not make a lengthy speech, but I would like to follow up on a few of his points, to which I listened with great interest. I appreciate and fully support the hon. Gentleman’s comments about the value of...
More of Julie Cooper’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Burnley
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Julie Cooper campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Education
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- NHS: Dental Services
- Kashmir: Politics and Government
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
- State Retirement Pensions: Age
- Medical Records: Databases
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Health and Social Care) (Community Health) (since 9 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Health) (Community Health) (9 Oct 2016 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Julie Cooper’s speeches
- Has received answers to 88 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.67% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Julie Cooper’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 68 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from