Chris Davies’s voting in Parliament
Chris Davies is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Chris Davies sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris Davies consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Chris Davies consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Davies has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
What assessment she has made of recent trends in the number of women in work.
Recent figures show that record-breaking numbers of women are in work under this Government. Does my hon. Friend agree that it is only by creating a stronger, fairer economy that works for everyone that we will continue to see records being broken?
Given the interconnective nature of the Wales-England border to constituencies such as mine, does my hon. Friend agree that collaboration between local leaders and industry is essential for people living on the borders?
More of Chris Davies’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Brecon and Radnorshire
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Chris Davies campaigned to leave the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Cabinet Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Soft Drinks: Taxation
- Government: Internet
- Hill Farming: Government Assistance
- Government Departments: Cost Effectiveness
- Banks: Closures
Currently held offices
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (since 13 Jul 2015)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Sub-Committee (10 Feb 2016 to 22 Mar 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 58 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Chris Davies’s speeches
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.26% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 76 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 31 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from