Chris Davies’s voting in Parliament
Chris Davies is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Chris Davies sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris Davies voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Chris Davies voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Davies has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
As the Minister has had a very busy day and has overlooked answering my question, I wonder whether the hon. Gentleman—whose constituency is, of course, not far from the border—shares my concerns about cross-border land ownership, and areas where there are devolved Governments, where decoupling could cause a problem.
I have a query, which I am sure the Minister will be able to answer easily, relating to the decoupling of cross-border farms. There are many on the Welsh-English border, as there are on the English-Scottish border, that will own land in both England and Wales, or both England and Scotland. I can give many examples of farmers in my constituency who own land in Herefordshire or...
None in Shropshire, all in Herefordshire—all in Wales.
More of Chris Davies’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Brecon and Radnorshire
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Chris Davies campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- HM Treasury
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Transport
- Soft Drinks: Taxation
- Hill Farming: Government Assistance
- Government Departments: Cost Effectiveness
- Hezbollah: Weapons
- Banks: Closures
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 22 Oct 2018)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (23 Oct 2017 to 23 Apr 2018)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Sub-Committee (10 Feb 2016 to 22 Mar 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 55 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Chris Davies’s speeches
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.52% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 77 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 61 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 29 Oct 2018.
Name of donor: Hong Kong Government
Address of donor: c/o Hong Kong Economic & Trade Office, 18 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Airfare £7,794.11; hotel and expenses £1,839.54; local transportation and food £106.25; total £9,739.90
Destination of visit: Hong Kong, China
Dates of visit: 8-13 April 2018
Purpose of visit: To support bilateral relationship and business development between UK and Hong Kong, and to gain understanding of Hong Kong's political, social and economic development.
(Registered 14 May 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from