Gavin Robinson’s voting in Parliament
Gavin Robinson is a DUP MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other DUP MPs.
However, Gavin Robinson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Gavin Robinson generally voted for reducing the rate of corporation tax, while most DUP MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Gavin Robinson generally voted for raising the threshold at which people start to pay income tax, while most DUP MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gavin Robinson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gavin Robinson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gavin Robinson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2017
I listened very carefully on the subject of travel advice and advice for Football Association officials. The Prime Minister will remember the pitched battles in Paris that English supporters faced; will she reappraise the protection and security afforded to them if they travel?
I asked a specific question about the extent of proposals. Can the Minister confirm that he will look carefully and kindly on the idea of the legislation, if it is introduced, extending across the entire United Kingdom?
I congratulate the hon. Gentleman on bringing this matter forward and on supporting the Secretary of State in his endeavour. However, he has just touched on a point about the extent of this sort of legislation. In Northern Ireland, we currently do not have a democratic institution that could pass a legislative consent motion, for example. I am interested in hearing his views as to whether...
More of Gavin Robinson’s recent appearances
DUP MP for Belfast East
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Gavin Robinson campaigned to leave the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Department of Health
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Detention Centres
- Armed Forces: Complaints
- Child Tax Credit
- Urinary System: Diseases
- Ministry of Defence: Flags
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 31 Oct 2017)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Oct 2017)
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (since 12 Sep 2017)
- Member, Defence Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Defence) (since 1 Jul 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Defence Committee (5 Dec 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (5 Dec 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 5 Dec 2016)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (8 May 2015 to 8 Jun 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Human Rights) (8 May 2015 to 8 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 44 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Gavin Robinson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 46 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.47% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 41 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gavin Robinson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 67 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Mar 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
29 September 2017
, payment of £150 from ComRes, 4 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for two surveys. Hours: 1.5 hrs (45 mins each). Fee paid direct to East Belfast DUP
. (Registered 19 October 2017
Unremunerated board member of iESE, a company sharing and selling efficiency methods to local government. (Registered 27 May 2015
Unremunerated board member of Craigavon House Preservation Trust, seeking to restore and preserve historic buildings. (Registered 27 May 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from