Gavin Robinson’s voting in Parliament
Gavin Robinson is a DUP MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other DUP MPs.
However, Gavin Robinson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Gavin Robinson voted against financial incentives for low carbon emission electricity generation methods, while most DUP MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Gavin Robinson generally voted for reducing the rate of corporation tax, while most DUP MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Gavin Robinson generally voted for raising the threshold at which people start to pay income tax, while most DUP MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gavin Robinson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gavin Robinson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gavin Robinson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Does the hon. Gentleman realise that that is not what would happen if there was a functioning devolved Assembly and that putting some of those positions through that political prism brings some difficulties with it in the Northern Ireland context? If an appointment were rightly made to the Policing Board, it would be for the board to assess and judge any individual going for the Chief...
It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for South West Wiltshire (Dr Murrison), the Chairman of the Northern Affairs Committee. In his response to the Bill, he was, as always, considered and thoughtful. He highlighted the lack of ambition that we would ultimately like to see for good governance and for democratic decision making in Northern Ireland. At the commencement of these...
My hon. Friend is entirely right. The majority of the 90 Assembly Members who have been elected to serve their constituents put themselves forward because they believe in public service, not stagnation. They are not like a puerile child participating in a game, not liking the rules, recognising they are not scoring goals, picking up the ball and walking off the pitch.
More of Gavin Robinson’s recent appearances
DUP MP for Belfast East
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Gavin Robinson campaigned to leave the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Home Office
- Department of Health
- HM Treasury
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Detention Centres
- Postnatal Depression
- Armed Forces: Complaints
- Child Tax Credit
- Urinary System: Diseases
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 31 Oct 2017)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Oct 2017)
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (since 12 Sep 2017)
- Member, Defence Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Defence) (since 1 Jul 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Defence Committee (5 Dec 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (5 Dec 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 5 Dec 2016)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (8 May 2015 to 8 Jun 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Human Rights) (8 May 2015 to 8 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 57 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Gavin Robinson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 43 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 43 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gavin Robinson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 96 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 29 Oct 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from ComRes, 4 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for surveys:
29 September 2017
, payment of £150 for two surveys. Hours: 1.5 hrs (45 mins each). Fee paid direct to East Belfast DUP
. (Registered 19 October 2017
7 February 2018
, payment of £100 for a survey completed on 15 January 2018. Hours: 75 mins. Fee paid direct to East Belfast DUP. (Registered 23 April 2018)
14 March 2018
, payment of £75 for a survey completed on 15 February 2018. Hours: 80 mins. Fee paid direct to charity. (Registered 23 April 2018)
16 April 2018, payment of £75 for a survey completed on 1 March 2018. Hours: 85 mins. Fee paid direct to East Belfast DUP. (Registered 23 April 2018)
Unremunerated board member of iESE, a company sharing and selling efficiency methods to local government. (Registered 27 May 2015
Unremunerated board member of Craigavon House Preservation Trust, seeking to restore and preserve historic buildings. (Registered 27 May 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from