A selection of Owen Thompson's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 15 votes against, 4 absences, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Owen Thompson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Owen Thompson’s full vote analysis page for more.
It is always a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Walker. I congratulate the hon. Member for St Ives (Derek Thomas) on securing this debate. Food and farming is clearly a significant industry in Scotland, where 98% of the landmass is considered rural, whether that is “remote rural”, which is defined as an area that is more than a 30-minute drive from the nearest...
To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland, how much his Department has spent on promoting social media post in the last 12 months.
To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland, which social media posts from his Department have been promoted in Scotland only.
More of Owen Thompson’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Midlothian
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Owen Thompson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- HM Treasury
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Cabinet Office
- Military Bases: Glencorse
- Radioactive Materials: Transport
- Big Lottery Fund: Scotland
- Armed Forces: Sexual Offences
- Iraq Committee of Inquiry
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee of Selection (17 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- SNP Whip (20 May 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Owen Thompson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 24 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.95% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 36 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 34 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The Scotch Whisky Association
Address of donor: Quartermile Two, 2 Lister Square, Edinburgh EH3 9GL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: as part of an APPG
on Scotch Whisky fact-finding visit to Islay, travel, accommodation and subsistence with a value of £379.41
Date received: 7-8 October 2016
Date accepted: 7 October 2016
Donor status: company, registration SC035148
(Registered 20 October 2016)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my partner, Kelly-Marie Parry, as Senior Parliamentary Assistant. (Registered 20 October 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from