Marion Fellows’s voting in Parliament
Marion Fellows is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Marion Fellows’s votes.
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 17 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Marion Fellows’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Marion Fellows’s full vote analysis page for more.
Marion Fellows has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
For Motherwell and Wishaw.
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mrs Moon, and I congratulate the hon. Member for Redcar (Anna Turley) on securing this important debate. I want to speak about my constituency’s experience of a steel plant closing down, because there are valuable lessons to be learned from it. The Ravenscraig integrated steel mill closed 26 years ago in 1992. That was before...
More of Marion Fellows’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Motherwell and Wishaw
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Marion Fellows campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Cabinet Office
- Home Office
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Children: Maintenance
- Social Security Benefits: Medical Examinations
- Visas: Syria
- Industry: Scotland
Currently held offices
- Member, Administration Committee (since 22 Oct 2018)
- Member, Education Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Small Business, Enterprise and Innovation) (since 20 Jun 2017)
- SNP Whip (since 20 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (12 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Education Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Marion Fellows’s speeches
- Has received answers to 64 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 42.58% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 53 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Marion Fellows’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 78 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from