Lisa Cameron’s voting in Parliament
Lisa Cameron is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Lisa Cameron’s votes.
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
43 votes for, 3 votes against, 8 absences, between 2016–2018
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lisa Cameron’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lisa Cameron’s full vote analysis page for more.
Lisa Cameron has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 5 Sep 2018
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer, what recent assessment his Department has made of the effect the 2019 Loan Charge on the NHS.
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer, if he will make an estimate of the VAT loss to the public purse of the use of direct engagement models for agency health workers in the NHS.
To ask the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, what information his Department holds on the number of complaints the Advertising Standards Authority has received on broadband companies miss-selling download speeds in each of the last five years.
More of Lisa Cameron’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for East Kilbride, Strathaven and Lesmahagow
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Lisa Cameron campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for International Development
- HM Treasury
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Revenue and Customs: East Kilbride
- Work Capability Assessment
- Mental Health Services: Children and Young People
- Genito-urinary Medicine
Currently held offices
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Commons Reference Group on Representation and Inclusion Committee (since 19 Jul 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Mental Health) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (28 Jun 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, International Development Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Climate Justice) (20 May 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 81 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Lisa Cameron’s speeches
- Has received answers to 147 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.73% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 62 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lisa Cameron’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 189 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Sep 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
From 15 January 2016
until 14 May 2018, I received £353.73 each month from NHS Greater Glasgow
& Clyde, 140 Fifty Pitches Rd, Glasgow G51 4ED, for carrying out psychological assessment and treatment. Hours: 9-10 hrs per month. (Registered 11 February 2018
; updated 30 May 2018)
29 September 2017
, payment of £200 from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for completing a survey. Hours: 1 hr. Fee paid direct to SNP
West Clydesdale Branch. (Registered 05 October 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Five residential and holiday let apartments in Edinburgh and South Lanarkshire: (i) and (ii). (Registered 05 June 2015)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Psychological Services Scotland Ltd, psychology assessment. (Registered 05 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from