Lisa Cameron’s voting in Parliament
Lisa Cameron is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Lisa Cameron’s votes.
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 18 votes against, 5 absences, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, between 2016–2020
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2016–2020
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
64 votes for, 6 votes against, 13 absences, between 2017–2020
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Last updated: 20 Jul 2020.
Please share these votes responsibly.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lisa Cameron’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lisa Cameron’s full vote analysis page for more.
Lisa Cameron has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Scottish National Party MP for East Kilbride, Strathaven and Lesmahagow
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Lisa Cameron campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department of Health
- Department for International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Revenue and Customs: East Kilbride
- Employment: Disability
- Work Capability Assessment
- Mental Health Services: Children and Young People
- Genito-urinary Medicine
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 4 Mar 2020)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Mental Health) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 14 Jan 2019)
- Member, Commons Reference Group on Representation and Inclusion Committee (19 Jul 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (28 Jun 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, International Development Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Climate Justice) (20 May 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Aug 2020.
1. Employment and earnings
20 September 2019, received £350 from Cumberlege Eden & Partners Ltd, Snells Cottage, The Green, Newick, Lewes BN8 4LA, for delivering a lecture as part of an NHS
leadership programme. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 14 October 2019)
Name of donor: (1) The Great Britain China Centre
with sponsorship from Prudential Plc
and China International Capital Corporation
; (2) All-China Youth Federation
Address of donor: (1) 15 Belgrave Square, Belgravia, London SW1X 8PS; (2) 10 Qianmen Dongdajie, Dongcheng District, Beijing
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): (1) International Flights £1,586.50; (2) Accommodation £292.74 and transport £215.19, total £507.93
Destination of visit: Beijing and Jinan, China
Dates of visit: 28 July - 2 August 2019
Purpose of visit: To participate in the 2019 Young Leaders Roundtable and to build UK-China understanding and partnership on environment and climate change issues.
(Registered 20 August 2019)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
One residential property in South Lanarkshire
: (i), and from 28 November 2019, (ii). (Registered 05 June 2015; updated 14 February 2019 and 28 February 2020)
One residential property in Edinburgh: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015; updated 14 February 2019)
Four residential apartments in South Lanarkshire: (i) and (ii). (Registered 05 June 2015; updated 14 February 2019)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Psychological Services Scotland Ltd, psychology assessment. (Registered 05 June 2015)
From 24 February 2016, unremunerated director of UK Japan 21C Group. (Registered 28 April 2016)
From 27 August 2019, a member of the Advisory Board of the Money and Mental Health Policy Institute at King's College, London. This role is unremunerated, but the Institute will meet any associated expenses. (Registered 27 August 2019)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)