Martin Docherty’s voting in Parliament
Martin Docherty is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Martin Docherty’s votes.
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 18 votes against, 5 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Martin Docherty’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Martin Docherty’s full vote analysis page for more.
Martin Docherty has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 May 2018
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. Two hundred days have passed since my constituent Jagtar Singh Johal was held in India without charge, with accusations of torture and with trial by media. I am grateful to Ministers who have engaged with me so far in holding the Indian authorities to account. Nevertheless, I have now written to the Prime Minister twice, without formal response other than a...
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what estimate he has made of the number of workplace assessments in Scotland for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in each year since 2015.
More of Martin Docherty’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for West Dunbartonshire
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Martin Docherty campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Treasury
- Department for Transport
- Unmanned Air Vehicles
- Wind Power
- Jobcentres: Dumbartonshire
- Counterfeit Manufacturing: Scotland
- Military Aircraft
Currently held offices
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (since 12 Sep 2017)
- Member, Defence Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Industries for the future) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Voluntary Sector) (1 Sep 2016 to 20 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 59 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Martin Docherty’s speeches
- Has received answers to 61 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.48% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Martin Docherty’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 75 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from