Martin Docherty’s voting in Parliament
Martin Docherty is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Martin Docherty’s votes.
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Martin Docherty’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Martin Docherty’s full vote analysis page for more.
Martin Docherty has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, how many applicants for wind farm accreditation between July and October 2016 were on request accordingly afforded an extension of time or grace period by Ofgem to allow for successful conversion to full accreditation.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, how many certificated G59 commissioning engineers who were not embedded within power supply companies and district network operations were available to sign off wind farm accreditation between July and November 2016.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, how many unsuccessful applications for full onshore wind farm accreditation there were between July and October 2016.
More of Martin Docherty’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for West Dunbartonshire
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Martin Docherty campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- Unmanned Air Vehicles
- Jobcentres: Dumbartonshire
- Wind Power
- Venezuela: Politics and Government
- Companies House
Currently held offices
- Member, Defence Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Industries for the future) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Voluntary Sector) (1 Sep 2016 to 20 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Martin Docherty’s speeches
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.30% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Martin Docherty’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 55 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from