Martin Docherty’s voting in Parliament
Martin Docherty is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Martin Docherty’s votes.
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 18 votes against, 5 absences, between 2015–2016
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
41 votes for, 2 votes against, 12 absences, between 2016–2018
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Martin Docherty’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Martin Docherty’s full vote analysis page for more.
Martin Docherty has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
On a point of order, Madam Deputy Speaker. Given the statement that Mr Speaker rightly made that the Cabinet will meet, that the Prime Minister will then inform the First Ministers of Scotland and Wales, that that parliamentary precedent, which is generally agreed on across the House, moves forward and that a statement then comes to the House before any press conference, I wonder whether you...
More of Martin Docherty’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for West Dunbartonshire
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Martin Docherty campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- HM Treasury
- Department for Transport
- Unmanned Air Vehicles
- Wind Power
- Jobcentres: Dumbartonshire
- Tornado Aircraft: Accidents
- Social Security Benefits: Cryptocurrencies
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Industries of the Future and Blockchain Technologies) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (since 12 Sep 2017)
- Member, Defence Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Industries for the future) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Voluntary Sector) (1 Sep 2016 to 20 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 61 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Martin Docherty’s speeches
- Has received answers to 79 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Martin Docherty’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 83 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from