A selection of Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 19 votes against, 4 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh’s full vote analysis page for more.
Since the SNP Government came to office in 2007, the value of Scottish food exports has more than doubled, with businesses in my constituency enjoying excellent levels of growth. What impact assessment has the Department carried out on the impact of Brexit on such excellent growth, or is there simply a fingers-crossed approach? This morning at 9.21, I received a response from the Scotland...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what recent steps the Government has taken to tackle extremism in the UK.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how much funding from the public purse was for charities which support veterans in Scotland in each of the last five years.
More of Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Ochil and South Perthshire
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for International Trade
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Nigeria: Trade Agreements
- Welfare Tax Credits
- Overseas Trade
- Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership
- Disability Living Allowance: Children
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Trade and Investment) (20 May 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 116 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh’s speeches
- Has received answers to 122 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 64.03% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 53 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 132 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Weekly newspaper column in The National, Newsquest Media Group, Newsquest (Herald and Times) Ltd, 200 Renfield Street, Glasgow, G2 3QB. Paid £150 per week, until further notice. Hours: approx 2 hrs per week. (Registered 04 June 2015)
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Gleneagles Hotel Ltd
Address of donor: Auchterarder, Perthshire PH3 1NF
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: For one night’s accommodation and hospitality for me and a guest with a total of £715
Date received: 8 September 2016
Date accepted: 8 September 2016
Donor status: company, registration SC097000
(Registered 05 October 2016)
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Franco-British Colloque
Address of donor: 86 East Lane, West Horsley, Leatherhead KT24 6LQ
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): accommodation and transport with a value of approx. £590
Destination of visit: Paris
Dates of visit: 26-28 January 2017
Purpose of visit: To attend the Franco-British Colloque’s 2017 Conference.
(Registered 27 February 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Half share in two flats in Glasgow: (i) and (ii). (Registered 4 June 2015; updated 18 November 2015)
Half share in one house in Kingussie, Highlands and Islands: (i) and (ii). (Registered 4 June 2015; updated 18 November 2015)
I have a shareholding in Hamilton Burns W.S Limited below registrable level. (Registered 04 June 2015)
Solicitor, not currently practising. (Registered 04 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from