John McNally campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
John McNally’s voting in Parliament
John McNally is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of John McNally’s votes.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of John McNally’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit John McNally’s full vote analysis page for more.
John McNally has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, what assessment he has made of the potential effect of the UK leaving the EU on further and higher education institutions' revenue from the hosting of EU conferences by such institutions.
It is Mr John Mc Nally. It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Sir David. I thank the hon. Member for North Swindon (Justin Tomlinson) for securing this debate and congratulate him on his rebellious nature. We are probably all very grateful for that. He might be welcome in our party in the not-too-distant future.
Well, you never know. We are growing as we go. I welcome the introduction of the sugar tax with open arms. I was glad that the Chancellor looked at this issue and introduced this possibility, so that today we can look at how we best use this money. It is one of the biggest changes to benefit our communities in general. I have to declare an interest. In the first instance, my three...
More of John McNally’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Falkirk
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Personal Care Services
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- NHS: Finance
- Educational Institutions: Conferences
Currently held offices
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 20 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all John McNally’s speeches
- Has received answers to 12 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 56.31% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 77 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John McNally’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 21 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Jan 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
On 1 June 2015
, resigned as Councillor for Falkirk Council, Municipal Buildings, Falkirk FK1 5RS. Awaiting final payment. (Registered 08 June 2015)
27 May 2015
, received final payment of £1,393.83. Hours: approx. 148 hrs. (Registered 08 July 2016
Until February 2016, I received £600 per month from my hair salon, The Barber Shop
, 38a Stirling Street, Denny FK6 6DJ, in rent and for working Saturday mornings. Hours: 4 hrs per week. (Registered 08 June 2015; updated 12 July 2016)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
The Barber Shop; hair salon. (Registered 08 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from