John McNally’s voting in Parliament
John McNally is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of John McNally’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of John McNally’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit John McNally’s full vote analysis page for more.
John McNally has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Future of the oil and gas industry – John McNally.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what assessment he has made of the (a) implications for his policies of the 2018 National Grid Future Energy Scenarios which place all peak demand scenarios above 75 GW compared with one scenario over 70 GW in the 2017 scenarios and (b) potential effect of the 2018 scenarios on the operations of distribution network...
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what steps (a) his Department and (b) Ofgem plan to take to ensure that distribution networks are prepared to meet additional demand from (i) high economic growth and (ii) rising rates of electrical vehicle take-up.
More of John McNally’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Falkirk
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
John McNally campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Transport
- Energy Supply
- Carbon Emissions
- Antarctic: Marine Protected Areas
- Natural Gas: Storage
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Environment) (since 31 Oct 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all John McNally’s speeches
- Has received answers to 25 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.04% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John McNally’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 41 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from