Chris Law’s voting in Parliament
Chris Law is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Chris Law’s votes.
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 18 votes against, 5 absences, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Law’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Law’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Law has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what support HM Revenue and Customs' Surge and Rapid Response Team provides to Border Force.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, when he expects a new double taxation treaty with Malawi to be signed.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, whether it is his policy to conclude a revised double taxation treaty with Malawi by July 2017.
More of Chris Law’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Dundee West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Chris Law campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Transport
- Revenue and Customs: Dundee
- Revenue and Customs: Scotland
- Personal Independence Payment: Multiple Sclerosis
- Passports: Interviews
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (International Development) (since 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Climate Justice) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Chris Law’s speeches
- Has received answers to 29 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 53 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Law’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 42 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 31 Jul 2017.
Name of donor: The Ministry
of Foreign Affairs
of the Republic of Maldives
Address of donor: Boduthakurufaanu Magu, Malé 20077, Republic of Maldives
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation with a value of £4,634.68
Destination of visit: Republic of Maldives
Date of visit: 23-29 July 2016
Purpose of visit: Delegation of members of APPG
for the Maldives. The group met with opposition
and government MPs of all parties, political prisoners and members of the judiciary.
(Registered 22 August 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Dundee: (i). (Registered 26 May 2015
Flat in Aberdeen, owned by CMAL
Ltd: (i). (Registered 26 May 2015)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
CMAL Limited, financial services company. (Registered 26 May 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from