Chris Law’s voting in Parliament
Chris Law is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Chris Law’s votes.
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
46 votes for, 3 votes against, 14 absences, between 2016–2019
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Law’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Law’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Law has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 11 Feb 2019
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what proportion of her Department’s Official Development Assistance is delivered through local and national partners.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what assessment her Department has made of the potential merits of harmonising reporting requirements across donors.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what recent steps her Department has taken to reduce the bureaucratic cost of delivering humanitarian aid.
More of Chris Law’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Dundee West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Chris Law campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for International Development
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Home Office
- Revenue and Customs: Dundee
- Revenue and Customs: Pay
- Overseas Aid
- Revenue and Customs: Scotland
Currently held offices
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Oct 2017)
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (since 13 Sep 2017)
- Member, International Development Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (International Development) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Climate Justice) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 59 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Chris Law’s speeches
- Has received answers to 85 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.07% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Law’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 87 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 4 Feb 2019.
Name of donor: The Office
of Tibet, London
Address of donor: 1 Culworth Street, London NW8 7AF
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): International airfare £555.91; Indian visa fee £81.84; domestic airfare and accommodation £326; total £963.75
Destination of visit: Dharamsala
Dates of visit: 25-29 September 2018
Purpose of visit: Visit to Central Tibetan Administration
headquarters, for meeting with political leaders including the President, Cabinet
Members, Parliamentarians and Speaker
of the Tibetan Parliament in Exile
, as well as visits to cultural institutions and meetings with NGOs
(Registered 17 October 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Dundee: (i). (Registered 26 May 2015)
Flat in Aberdeen, owned by CMAL Ltd: (i). (Registered 26 May 2015)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
CMAL Limited, financial services company. (Registered 26 May 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)