Alan Brown’s voting in Parliament
Alan Brown is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Alan Brown’s votes.
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
43 votes for, 2 votes against, 9 absences, between 2016–2018
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alan Brown’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alan Brown’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alan Brown has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 5 Sep 2018
Multi-Employer Pension Schemes Bill - 2nd reading – Alan Brown.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, pursuant to the Answer of 18 June 2018 to Question 154750 on Home Energy and Lifestyle Management: Kilmarnock and Loudoun, what the disclosure issues are that prevent the publication separately of statistics on loans with payback periods of 5-10 years and 10-15 years.
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, what powers are devolved to the Northern Ireland Assembly but not to the Scottish Parliament.
More of Alan Brown’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Kilmarnock and Loudoun
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Alan Brown campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Transport
- Emergency Services: Scotland
- Opencast Mining: Scotland
- Whisky: Excise Duties
- Hinkley Point C Power Station
- Electricity: Storage
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Energy) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Transport) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Infrastructure and Energy) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (28 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 202 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Alan Brown’s speeches
- Has received answers to 218 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.31% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 46 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alan Brown’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 250 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from