Alan Brown’s voting in Parliament
Alan Brown is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Alan Brown’s votes.
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 21 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alan Brown’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alan Brown’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alan Brown has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
Multi-Employer Pension Schemes Bill - 2nd reading – Alan Brown.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, how many green deal finance loans have been provided of (a) up to 5 year payback duration, (b) 5-10 year payback duration, (c) 10-15 year payback duration, (d) 15-20 year payback duration and (e) greater than 20 year payback duration via the company HELMS in Kilmarnock and Loudoun constituency.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, how many households with PV panels installed by HELMS have the feed-in tariff transferred to a third party rather than the household with the panel in (a) Scotland and (b) Kilmarnock and Loudoun constituency.
More of Alan Brown’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Kilmarnock and Loudoun
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Alan Brown campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Emergency Services: Scotland
- Opencast Mining: Scotland
- Whisky: Excise Duties
- Hinkley Point C Power Station
- Electricity: Storage
Currently held offices
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Transport) (since 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Infrastructure and Energy) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (28 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 185 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Alan Brown’s speeches
- Has received answers to 192 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.19% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 46 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alan Brown’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 228 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from