Liz McInnes’s voting in Parliament
Liz McInnes is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Liz McInnes sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Liz McInnes consistently voted for fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Liz McInnes’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Liz McInnes’s full vote analysis page for more.
Liz McInnes has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
It is a pleasure to follow my right hon. Friend the Member for Leicester East (Keith Vaz). I should just like to thank him for blowing my cover; I was trying to keep my birthday quiet. He was the first person in the House to wish me a happy birthday today, however, and I am grateful to him for that—[Interruption.] Thank you, Madam Deputy Speaker. I should like to echo my right hon....
There was no mention of Gibraltar in the Prime Minister’s letter yesterday, and I am pleased to see that it does at least get a mention in today’s publication. Given that the overwhelming majority of Gibraltarians voted to remain in the EU, can the Secretary of State explain how the Bill will give certainty to businesses in Gibraltar?
What recent assessment he has made of trends in bus passenger satisfaction.
More of Liz McInnes’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Heywood and Middleton
Entered the House of Commons on 10 October 2014 — Byelection
Topics of interest
Liz McInnes campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Transport
- Department for Education
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
- County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service: Standards
- Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (since 10 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (13 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Health Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 116 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Liz McInnes’s speeches
- Has received answers to 62 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.16% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Liz McInnes’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 129 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from