Liz McInnes’s voting in Parliament
Liz McInnes is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Liz McInnes sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Liz McInnes voted for fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Liz McInnes’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Liz McInnes’s full vote analysis page for more.
Liz McInnes has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 16 Jan 2018
It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Beckenham (Bob Stewart). I am grateful for this opportunity to raise what I and others—including my good friend, Rochdale Councillor Billy Sheerin—consider to be a much-overlooked issue. In the current Government, following the Prime Minister’s last reshuffle, we have Ministers for Women and Equalities, for disabled people and...
In October last year, the Government announced life sentences for those causing death by dangerous driving. May we have an urgent statement on when the Government intend to introduce tougher sentences through legislation so that no more families have to suffer like the family of Joseph Brown-Lartey in my constituency, and those of Harry Rice, George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness in Hayes?
The Fire Brigades Union has commented that Greater Manchester fire and rescue services is “the only emergency service in Manchester without its own dedicated service control room.” In the light of the communication problems identified in the report, will the Minister review this situation?
More of Liz McInnes’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Heywood and Middleton
Entered the House of Commons on 10 October 2014 — Byelection
Topics of interest
Liz McInnes campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Education
- Department for Transport
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
- Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
- County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service: Standards
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (since 10 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (13 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 90 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Liz McInnes’s speeches
- Has received answers to 54 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.75% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Liz McInnes’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 170 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from