Liz McInnes campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Liz McInnes’s voting in Parliament
Liz McInnes is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Liz McInnes sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Liz McInnes consistently voted for fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Liz McInnes’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Liz McInnes’s full vote analysis page for more.
Liz McInnes has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I am grateful for the opportunity to say a few words in this debate and to follow my hon. Friend the Member for Ilford North (Wes Streeting), who made an excellent speech that covered most of the points that I was going to raise. I have been asked to finish by 6.35 pm, and I will make sure that I do so. It is interesting that my hon. Friend said that we do not have many scientists on these...
While the Minister is quoting employment figures, will he tell us how many of those jobs are high-paid graduate jobs?
More of Liz McInnes’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Heywood and Middleton
Entered the House of Commons on 10 October 2014 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
- County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service: Standards
- East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service
- Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (13 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Health Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 134 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Liz McInnes’s speeches
- Has received answers to 86 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 77.26% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Liz McInnes’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 89 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from