Liz McInnes’s voting in Parliament
Liz McInnes is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Liz McInnes sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Liz McInnes consistently voted for fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Liz McInnes’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Liz McInnes’s full vote analysis page for more.
Liz McInnes has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
First, I pay tribute to my hon. Friend the new Member for Reading East (Matt Rodda) for an eloquent and informative maiden speech. The issue I want to talk about is the Government’s consultation on “Driving offences and penalties relating to causing death or serious injury” by dangerous driving. The consultation began in December 2016 and concluded on 1 February 2017. This...
What recent discussions he has had with his Cabinet colleagues on the public sector pay cap.
Yesterday, in this Chamber, a Treasury Minister declined to answer a question on the grounds that it was way above his pay grade. Should not we be grateful to our public sector workers for not taking that attitude, and is it not high time that they got the pay rise they deserve?
More of Liz McInnes’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Heywood and Middleton
Entered the House of Commons on 10 October 2014 — Byelection
Topics of interest
Liz McInnes campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Education
- Department for Transport
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
- County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service: Standards
- Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (since 10 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (13 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Health Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 88 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Liz McInnes’s speeches
- Has received answers to 74 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 57 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Liz McInnes’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 138 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from