A selection of Liz McInnes's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, in 2014
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2015–2017
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Liz McInnes’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Liz McInnes’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what assessment she has made of the value to the public purse of the sale of the student loans book.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what discussions he has had with the Home Secretary on the new guidance on sexual orientation and gender identity in Afghanistan which may lead to the return of failed LGBT asylum seekers to Afghanistan.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what steps she is taking to ensure that schools do not intentionally or unintentionally discriminate against teachers aged over 60 years who apply for jobs.
More of Liz McInnes’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Heywood and Middleton
Entered the House of Commons on 10 October 2014 — Byelection
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Liz McInnes campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Transport
- Department for Education
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
- County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service: Standards
- Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (10 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (13 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Health Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 93 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Liz McInnes’s speeches
- Has received answers to 60 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.16% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 57 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 129 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from