Liz McInnes’s voting in Parliament
Liz McInnes is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Liz McInnes sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Liz McInnes voted for fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Liz McInnes’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Liz McInnes’s full vote analysis page for more.
Liz McInnes has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Can the Minister say what resources will be made available to local councils to enable people with learning disabilities and autism to move out of the units as a matter of urgency and into community placements?
It is a pleasure to follow my hon. Friend the Member for Liverpool, West Derby. Like him and my hon. Friends the Members for Birmingham, Erdington (Jack Dromey) and for Bradford South (Judith Cummins), I wish to talk about deaths and serious injuries caused by dangerous drivers. Last year, 191 people were convicted of causing death by dangerous driving, yet the average prison sentence given...
More of Liz McInnes’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Heywood and Middleton
Entered the House of Commons on 10 October 2014 — Byelection
Topics of interest
Liz McInnes campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Education
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
- Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
- County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (since 10 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (13 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 102 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Liz McInnes’s speeches
- Has received answers to 51 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 79.53% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 59 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Liz McInnes’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 191 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 29 Oct 2018.
Name of donor: Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: 6 Convent Place, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flight £285, meals £120 and hotel accommodation with a value of £258, total value £643
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Dates of visit: 16-18 May 2018
Purpose of visit: Fact finding mission to assess impact of Brexit on Gibraltar.
(Registered 04 June 2018)
Name of donor: HM Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: 150 Strand, London WC2R 1JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): for myself, flights to the value of £570.30 and accommodation to the value of £516, total value £1,086.30
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Dates of visit: 6 - 10 September 2018
Purpose of visit: APPG
for Gibraltar visit to attend National Day
celebrations and to meet with Ministers regarding Brexit and the current political situation in Gibraltar.
(Registered 01 October 2018
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from