Robert Jenrick’s voting in Parliament
Robert Jenrick is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Robert Jenrick sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Robert Jenrick consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Robert Jenrick consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Robert Jenrick’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Robert Jenrick’s full vote analysis page for more.
Robert Jenrick has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
I broadly welcome the proposals to change the takeover code and protect national security assets, especially smaller companies, but will the Secretary of State consider adopting a new principle that for every new policy that could be construed—however unfairly—as being protectionist or anti-business, at least two new policies should be brought forward that state as loudly as...
Iran 16 Oct 2017
May I caution my right hon. Friend about seeing this issue purely through the lens of Donald Trump? There are many good friends of the United Kingdom on Capitol Hill, such as Senator John McCain and Congressman Ryan, who have serious and legitimate concerns about this deal, as indeed do friends in Israel and the Gulf states. May I also ask him to consider the comments of Senator McCain over...
I represent a constituency that has welcomed Gypsies and Travellers for hundreds of years. Between 800 and 900 of my constituents are Gypsies, Roma and Travellers. I have always considered them my constituents, just as my predecessor and—I suspect—his predecessors did. I have held surgeries in the main areas of Newark, including Tolney Lane, where Gypsies and Travellers live in...
More of Robert Jenrick’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Newark
Entered the House of Commons on 6 June 2014 — Byelection
Topics of interest
Robert Jenrick campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Education
- HM Treasury
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Culture Media and Sport
- Southwell Minster School
- Freezing of Assets: Iran
- Pupils: Per Capita Costs
- Wind Power: Nottinghamshire
- Economic Policy
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Health Committee (7 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 77 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Robert Jenrick’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Robert Jenrick’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 134 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
26 October 2016
, £2,000 paid direct to charity by Skadden, Arps, Slate Meagher and Flom (UK
, 40 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London E14 5DS, in return for delivering a speech. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 27 October 2016)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Until 14 February 2017
, director and sole shareholder in Vincent Square Properties; company formed for renovation of my London property, now dissolved. (Registered 12 June 2014
; updated 27 October 2016 and 21 February 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from