Mike Kane campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Mike Kane’s voting in Parliament
Mike Kane is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Mike Kane’s votes.
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike Kane’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike Kane’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mike Kane has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
It is important that not all police officers are tarred with the same brush on Orgreave. I have heard personal testimony from Greater Manchester police officers saying that they did not co-operate with the corrupt practices of South Yorkshire Police during the dispute. How does the Home Secretary suggest that I feed in that evidence?
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, whether once Article 50 of the Treaty of the European Union has been triggered it can be untriggered before the UK's negotiations on withdrawal from the EU have been completed.
Brilliant former colleagues of mine have been brought to their knees by the unmanageable and exhaustive workloads introduced by this Government. Given that more teachers left the profession than joined it last year, does the Minister accept the link between teachers’ morale and the huge numbers leaving the profession?
More of Mike Kane’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wythenshawe and Sale East
Entered the House of Commons on 13 February 2014 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Department for International Development
- Home Office
- Department of Health
- HM Treasury
- Department for Transport
- Police: Finance
- Manchester Airport: Air Passenger Duty
- Asylum: Eritrea
- British Overseas Territories: Companies
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Treasury Committee (24 Nov 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (18 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 60 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Mike Kane’s speeches
- Has received answers to 81 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.72% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 77 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mike Kane’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 53 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 1 Aug 2016.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Catholic Bishops
’ Conference of England and Wales
Address of donor: 39 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1BX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: an educational allowance of £5,218.55 and accommodation provided for an intern in my parliamentary office for 10 months: 12 October 2015
– July 2016
Date received: 12 October 2015
Date accepted: 12 October 2015
Donor status: registered charity
(Registered 16 October 2015)
Unremunerated director of Movement for Change, Eurolink Centre, 49 Effra Road, London SW2 1B2 (Registered 12 June 2014
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from