Mike Kane campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Mike Kane’s voting in Parliament
Mike Kane is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Mike Kane’s votes.
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike Kane’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike Kane’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mike Kane has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what date his Department holds on the number of incidents involving (a) lorries and (b) buses that related to wheel loss.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, if she will increase investment in decentralised renewable energy to benefit the world's poorest people.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of the effectiveness of the Healthier Together programme.
More of Mike Kane’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wythenshawe and Sale East
Entered the House of Commons on 13 February 2014 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Department for International Development
- Department of Health
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Department for Transport
- Health Services: Greater Manchester
- Police: Finance
- Manchester Airport: Air Passenger Duty
- Asylum: Eritrea
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Education) (Schools) (since 9 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Treasury Committee (24 Nov 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (18 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 57 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Mike Kane’s speeches
- Has received answers to 78 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 80 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mike Kane’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 55 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Catholic Bishops
’ Conference of England and Wales
Address of donor: 39 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1BX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: an educational allowance of £5,218.55 and accommodation provided for an intern in my parliamentary office for 10 months: 12 October 2015
– July 2016
Date received: 12 October 2015
Date accepted: 12 October 2015
Donor status: registered charity
(Registered 16 October 2015)
Name of donor: World Vision UK
Address of donor: 11 Belgrave Road, London SW1V 1RB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): flights, accommodation, visa and in country expenses with a total value of £1,450
Destination of visit: Sierra Leone
Dates of visit: 4-9 September 2016
Purpose of visit: To look at the lack of child protection in post-Ebola health strategy.
(Registered 05 October 2016)
Until 26 February 2016
, unremunerated director of Movement for Change, Eurolink Centre, 49 Effra Road, London SW2 1B2. (Registered 12 June 2014
; updated 04 August 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from