Steve Reed campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Steve Reed’s voting in Parliament
Steve Reed is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Steve Reed sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Steve Reed consistently voted for fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Steve Reed’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Steve Reed’s full vote analysis page for more.
Steve Reed has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many incidents of hate crime were reported in Croydon in each of the last 12 months.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what assessment he has made of the potential effect of the UK leaving the EU on his Department's work with the European Regional Development Fund.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many applications to the Disclosure and Barring Service were made by people living in London in the last 12 months.
More of Steve Reed’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Croydon North
Entered the House of Commons on 30 November 2012 — Byelection
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Home Office
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Public Opinion
- Families: Disadvantaged
- European Regional Development Fund
- Local Government: Devolution
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (8 May 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (10 Dec 2012 to 11 Nov 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Steve Reed’s speeches
- Has received answers to 60 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.54% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 83 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Steve Reed’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
Name of donor: Labour Friends of Bangladesh
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation and meals with a total value of £1,200
Destination of visit: Dhaka and Sylhet, Bangladesh
Date of visit: 13-20 February 2016
Purpose of visit: to meet political leaders and Bangladeshis with connections in my constituency
, in order to strengthen the ties between our two countries.
(Registered 16 March 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from