Sarah Champion’s voting in Parliament
Sarah Champion is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Sarah Champion’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Sarah Champion’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Sarah Champion’s full vote analysis page for more.
Sarah Champion has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what estimate his Department has made of the total sleep-in back pay liability for care providers in (a) the Rotherham constituency and (b) Rotherham Council.
Will the hon. Gentleman give way, as I gave way to him?
Will my hon. Friend give way?
More of Sarah Champion’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Rotherham
Entered the House of Commons on 30 November 2012 — Byelection
Topics of interest
Sarah Champion campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- Ministry of Justice
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Asylum: Children
- Forced Marriage
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (since 15 Jan 2018)
- Member, Administration Committee (since 30 Oct 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities (6 Oct 2016 to 16 Aug 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Home Office) (25 Jul 2016 to 6 Oct 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Home Office) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Transport Committee (10 Dec 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Sarah Champion’s speeches
- Has received answers to 75 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.55% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sarah Champion’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 128 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 19 Feb 2018.
Name of donor: Government of the Republic of China
Address of donor: Taipei Representative Office
in the UK, 50 Grosvenor Gardens, Belgravia, London SW1W 0EB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Return flights London-Taipei £3,355; accommodation £1,230.77; domestic travel in Taiwan £183.76; food and drink £512.82; total £5,282.35
Destination of visit: Republic of China (Taiwan)
Dates of visit: 29 July – 5 August 2017
Purpose of visit: All Party Parliamentary Taiwan Group delegation to discuss political, trade and cultural links between the United Kingdom and Taiwan.
(Registered 05 September 2017
Name of donor: High Commission
Address of donor: Aldwych, London WC2B 4NA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Air fare costing £1,829; hotel stay costing £1,183; local transport costing £227; £3,239 in total
Destination of visit: New Delhi
Dates of visit: 5-11 November 2017
Purpose of visit: to develop an understanding of trade and educational opportunities between Britain and India.
(Registered 06 December 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from