Stephen Doughty’s voting in Parliament
Stephen Doughty is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Stephen Doughty sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Stephen Doughty consistently voted for fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stephen Doughty’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stephen Doughty’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
We of course have a Labour Government in Wales who are committed to building 20,000 new homes, and who are building new social housing and council housing in Cardiff as I speak. Does the Secretary of State agree that lessons also need to be learned from Wales about its different approach to fire safety, including the fact that we introduced measures requiring sprinkler systems to be fitted in...
I second the request made by my hon. Friend the Member for Cardiff North (Anna McMorrin), who it is great to welcome to this House, about the shameful decision of Tesco, which affects nearly 100 of my own constituents. I also pay tribute to USDAW, which is working to support those workers. May I ask the Leader of the House for a debate in Government time on historical injustices,...
May I praise the united response of Cardiff communities, particularly faith communities, to the recent attacks, both in condemnation and in solidarity with London and Manchester, especially given the shocking news that the alleged attacker in Finsbury Park was living in Cardiff? The Home Secretary mentioned a forum to tackle the internet issue. The fact is that there is still far-right and...
More of Stephen Doughty’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Cardiff South and Penarth
Entered the House of Commons on 16 November 2012 — Byelection
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
Stephen Doughty campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for International Development
- Ministry of Defence
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Overseas Aid
- Dominican Republic
- Public Expenditure
- Developing Countries: HIV Infection
- Defence Infrastructure Organisation
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (28 Jun 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, International Development Committee (8 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (28 Oct 2015 to 6 Jan 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Oct 2015)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2013 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (26 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 79 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Stephen Doughty’s speeches
- Has received answers to 147 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Doughty’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 233 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Airbus Group UK
Address of donor: Floor 2, Wellington House, 125-130 Strand, London WC2R 0AP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: three tickets to the Royal International Air Tattoo
plus hospitality, value £318 (£106 per person)
Date received: 10 July 2016
Date accepted: 10 July 2016
Donor status: company, registration 02473840
(Registered 31 August 2016
From August 2016, Honorary Patron (unremunerated), Moorland Day Centre, Cardiff. (Registered 16 December 2012
; updated 31 August 2016)
Patron of Penarth and District Lesotho Trust (Registered 01 May 2014
(unremunerated) of the Cardiff and District United Nations Association (Registered 01 May 2014)
Vice-President (unremunerated) of The Penarth Civic Society (Registered 04 June 2014
Until July 2016, Member (unremunerated), ACT
Schools Governance Committee, Cardiff. (Registered 20 June 2014; updated 31 August 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from