Stephen Doughty campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Stephen Doughty’s voting in Parliament
Stephen Doughty is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Stephen Doughty sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Stephen Doughty consistently voted for fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stephen Doughty’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stephen Doughty’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stephen Doughty has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, whether technical capacity for the launching of cluster munitions was provided with any UK-manufactured (a) aircraft and (b) unmanned aerial device exported to Saudi Arabia in the last 15 years.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what discussions she has had with officials in her Department on the potential effect of the outcome of the EU referendum on recipients of overseas development assistance currently given to (a) the European Development Fund, (b) the European Commission Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection department and (c) the European Investment Bank.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what assessment she has made of which policy areas in her Department will be affected by the UK vote to leave the EU.
More of Stephen Doughty’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Cardiff South and Penarth
Entered the House of Commons on 16 November 2012 — Byelection
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Overseas Aid
- Dominican Republic
- Public Expenditure
- Defence Infrastructure Organisation
- Treasury: Cardiff
Currently held offices
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (since 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Feb 2016)
- Member, International Development Committee (since 8 Feb 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (28 Oct 2015 to 6 Jan 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Oct 2015)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2013 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (26 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 84 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Stephen Doughty’s speeches
- Has received answers to 162 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.62% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 48 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Doughty’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 169 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Sep 2016.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Airbus Group UK
Address of donor: Floor 2, Wellington House, 125-130 Strand, London WC2R 0AP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: three tickets to the Royal International Air Tattoo plus hospitality, value £318 (£106 per person)
Date received: 10 July 2016
Date accepted: 10 July 2016
Donor status: company, registration 02473840
(Registered 31 August 2016)
From August 2016, Honorary Patron (unremunerated), Moorland Day Centre, Cardiff. (Registered 16 December 2012
; updated 31 August 2016)
Patron of Penarth and District Lesotho Trust (Registered 01 May 2014
(unremunerated) of the Cardiff and District United Nations Association (Registered 01 May 2014)
Vice-President (unremunerated) of The Penarth Civic Society (Registered 04 June 2014
Until July 2016, Member (unremunerated), ACT
Schools Governance Committee, Cardiff. (Registered 20 June 2014; updated 31 August 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from