Stephen Doughty’s voting in Parliament
Stephen Doughty is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Stephen Doughty sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Stephen Doughty voted for fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stephen Doughty’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stephen Doughty’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stephen Doughty has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what discussions he has had with the International Criminal Court on the investigation of people implicated in possible crimes against humanity against the Tawergha community.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what steps her Department is taking to tackle the persecution of the Tawerga in Libya.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what assistance her Department is providing to the Tawerga that are currently displaced in the UN-supported Qararet al-Qatef camp.
More of Stephen Doughty’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Cardiff South and Penarth
Entered the House of Commons on 16 November 2012 — Byelection
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
Stephen Doughty campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for International Development
- Home Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- HM Treasury
- Overseas Aid
- Dominican Republic
- Developing Countries: HIV Infection
- Public Expenditure
Currently held offices
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (28 Jun 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, International Development Committee (8 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (28 Oct 2015 to 6 Jan 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Oct 2015)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2013 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (26 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 123 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Stephen Doughty’s speeches
- Has received answers to 136 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 82.76% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Doughty’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 306 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Aug 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Airbus Group UK
Address of donor: Floor 2, Wellington House, 125-130 Strand, London WC2R 0AP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Attendance at an evening roundtable discussion with hospitality. Value, including dinner and a share of room hire, £150.
Date received: 28 November 2017
Date accepted: 28 November 2017
Donor status: company, registration 02473840
(Registered 18 January 2018
; updated 01 February 2018
From August 2016
, Honorary Patron (unremunerated), Moorland Day Centre, Cardiff. (Registered 16 December 2012
; updated 31 August 2016)
Patron of Penarth and District Lesotho Trust (Registered 01 May 2014
(unremunerated) of the Cardiff and District United Nations Association (Registered 01 May 2014)
Vice-President (unremunerated) of The Penarth Civic Society (Registered 04 June 2014
From 23 May 2018, Joint Director (unremunerated) of the Labour Campaign for the Single Market Ltd. (Registered 07 June 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from