Stephen Doughty’s voting in Parliament
Stephen Doughty is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Stephen Doughty sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Stephen Doughty consistently voted for fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stephen Doughty’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stephen Doughty’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stephen Doughty has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many (a) Facebook, (b) Twitter, (c) Google+, (d) YouTube, (e) Snapchat and (f) WhatsApp accounts have been closed or suspended on request of the Government due to involvement in (i) terrorism, (ii) hate crime and (iii) targeted harassment in each of the last 24 months.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what regulations and sanctions there are related to the false written use of military rank and postnominals by non armed forces personnel.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what regulations and sanctions there are related to the impersonation of armed forces personnel (a) for financial gain, (b) to compromise security or gain access to his Department's property, (c) for other material gain and (d) for enhanced social standing.
More of Stephen Doughty’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Cardiff South and Penarth
Entered the House of Commons on 16 November 2012 — Byelection
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
Stephen Doughty campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for International Development
- Ministry of Defence
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Overseas Aid
- Dominican Republic
- Public Expenditure
- Developing Countries: HIV Infection
- Defence Infrastructure Organisation
Currently held offices
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (since 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Feb 2016)
- Member, International Development Committee (since 8 Feb 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (28 Oct 2015 to 6 Jan 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Oct 2015)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2013 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (26 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 94 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Stephen Doughty’s speeches
- Has received answers to 175 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.51% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 55 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Doughty’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 226 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Airbus Group UK
Address of donor: Floor 2, Wellington House, 125-130 Strand, London WC2R 0AP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: three tickets to the Royal International Air Tattoo
plus hospitality, value £318 (£106 per person)
Date received: 10 July 2016
Date accepted: 10 July 2016
Donor status: company, registration 02473840
(Registered 31 August 2016
From August 2016, Honorary Patron (unremunerated), Moorland Day Centre, Cardiff. (Registered 16 December 2012
; updated 31 August 2016)
Patron of Penarth and District Lesotho Trust (Registered 01 May 2014
(unremunerated) of the Cardiff and District United Nations Association (Registered 01 May 2014)
Vice-President (unremunerated) of The Penarth Civic Society (Registered 04 June 2014
Until July 2016, Member (unremunerated), ACT
Schools Governance Committee, Cardiff. (Registered 20 June 2014; updated 31 August 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from