Lucy Powell campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Lucy Powell’s voting in Parliament
Lucy Powell is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Lucy Powell’s votes.
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lucy Powell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lucy Powell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Lucy Powell has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, how many and what proportion of disadvantaged two year-olds take up the free 15 hours of early education in each type of setting; and what evidence her Department has gathered on the effect of that offer on the developmental gap between disadvantaged two year-olds and their peers and (b) the comparative effect of that early education being...
Just one in every 1,000 pupils is a child on free school meals in a grammar school. Does the Prime Minister agree that that tiny number is a flimsy evidence base on which to create a new national schools policy? Would it not be better for her to look at the real evidence base and at how to reduce inequality in education?
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, if she will take steps to include training on selective mutism and other speech, language and communication needs in initial teacher training.
More of Lucy Powell’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Manchester Central
Entered the House of Commons on 16 November 2012 — Byelection
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
- Department for Education
- Cabinet Office
- Children: Day Care
- Employment Agencies
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Education (14 Sep 2015 to 26 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office (5 Nov 2014 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (7 Oct 2013 to 5 Nov 2014)
- Member, Transport Committee (26 Nov 2012 to 4 Nov 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Lucy Powell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 42 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 61.95% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 120 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lucy Powell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 59 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: ITV
Address of donor: The London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets to a match during the Rugby World Cup
in my capacity as local MP
; £875 per ticket (including hospitality), total £1,750
Date received: 10 October 2015
Date accepted: 10 October 2015
Donor status: company, registration no 4967001
(Registered 14 January 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Shareholder and unremunerated director of company New Road Management which owns the freehold of 6 flats on Camberwell New Road, London, in one of which I live. (Registered 13 December 2012
; updated 2 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from