Seema Malhotra’s voting in Parliament
Seema Malhotra is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Seema Malhotra sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Seema Malhotra voted for fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Seema Malhotra’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Seema Malhotra’s full vote analysis page for more.
Seema Malhotra has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
I am grateful for the opportunity to speak today. I will make just a couple of remarks. I want to reiterate the comments that have been made that this is not about reversing Brexit or about tying the hands of the Government. This is about what happens and the role of Parliament if things go wrong. It is about clarity, about what will happen in this Parliament and to the interests of our...
The Secretary of State is right that more funding is urgently needed, because he knows better than anyone that the percentage of NHS trusts in deficit rose from 5% in 2010 to 44% last year. Today, he has talked repeatedly about prevention, but he has failed to say directly what will happen to public health. Will he therefore clarify whether any of the settlement he has announced today will go...
More of Seema Malhotra’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Feltham and Heston
Entered the House of Commons on 16 December 2011 — Byelection
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
Seema Malhotra campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Ministry of Justice
- Home Office
- Department for Education
- Work Experience
- Feltham Young Offender Institution
- Offences against Children and Vulnerable Adults
- Crimes of Violence: Females
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Commons Reference Group on Representation and Inclusion Committee (since 15 Nov 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (14 Sep 2015 to 26 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Home Office) (8 May 2015 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Justice Committee (6 Feb 2012 to 25 Nov 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Jun 2018.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Mastcraft Ltd
Address of donor: 30 Poland Street, London, W1F 8QS
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: company, registration 01845796
(Registered 07 July 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Residential property in Brentford: (i) and (ii). (Registered 22 December 2011)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from