As a result of COVID-19, some MPs have been less able to vote in Parliament, and this will be reflected in their voting record.
Show more detail
- 11th May to 2nd June 2020
All MPs could vote remotely through an online voting tool. Votes cast remotely are shown as normal on the TheyWorkForYou voting record.
- 2nd to 9th June 2020
The option of online voting was removed, and a number of MPs may have been unable to vote because they were not physically able to attend.
- 10th June 2020 onwards
The requirements on proxy voting were relaxed, allowing MPs to designate another MP to cast a vote on their behalf.
If an MP votes by proxy, it is effectively exactly the same as if they cast the vote in person and it shows up on their TheyWorkForYou voting record.
MPs are not required to designate a proxy, and may instead pair with an opposing MP to miss a vote. Parliament does not record when two MPs have come to a pairing arrangement, so on TheyWorkForYou, they will both appear to have been absent for the vote.
We will update this information if the situation changes. See more detail on votes during the COVID-19 period here.
Seema Malhotra’s voting in Parliament
Seema Malhotra is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Seema Malhotra sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
We have lots more plain English analysis of Seema Malhotra’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Seema Malhotra’s full vote analysis page for more.
Seema Malhotra has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Support for grassroots football in Feltham and Heston – Seema Malhotra.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what guidance his Department has provided to covid-19 quarantine hotels on the provision of food at different times for people observing Ramadan whilst staying in those hotels.
More of Seema Malhotra’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Feltham and Heston
Entered the House of Commons on 16 December 2011 — Byelection
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
Seema Malhotra campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Treasury
- Department for Education
- Home Office
- Kickstart Scheme
- Work Experience
- Feltham Young Offender Institution
- Social Security Benefits: Coronavirus
- Jobcentres: Staff
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (Employment) (since 10 Apr 2020)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (23 Mar 2020 to 23 Apr 2020)
- Member, Committee on the Future Relationship with the European Union (2 Mar 2020 to 16 Jan 2021)
- Member, Committee on the Future Relationship with the European Union (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Commons Reference Group on Representation and Inclusion Committee (15 Nov 2016 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Committee on the Future Relationship with the European Union (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (14 Sep 2015 to 26 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Home Office) (8 May 2015 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Justice Committee (6 Feb 2012 to 25 Nov 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2021.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Residential property in London SW3
: (i). (Registered 22 December 2011)
Residential property in Brentford: (i) and (ii). (Registered 22 December 2011)
From 10 June 2019, Chair of Hounslow’s Promise, a charity set up by local MPs, schools, businesses and community organisations to support the education attainment, social mobility and employability of young people in Hounslow. (Registered 01 July 2019)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from