A selection of Debbie Abrahams's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2013
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
14 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
15 votes for, 12 votes against, 19 absences, between 2012–2017
We have lots more plain English analysis of Debbie Abrahams’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Debbie Abrahams’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what recent assessment he has made of the effectiveness of the Government's policy on child poverty.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, for what reasons the number of children in relative low-income households increased between 2014-15 and 2015-16.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, for what reasons pensioner poverty increased between 2014-15 and 2015-16.
More of Debbie Abrahams’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Oldham East and Saddleworth
Entered the House of Commons on 14 January 2011 — Byelection
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Debbie Abrahams campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department of Health
- International Development
- Universal Credit
- Vending Machines
- Children: Maintenance
- Medical Records: Databases
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (27 Jun 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (27 Jun 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Debbie Abrahams’s speeches
- Has received answers to 76 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.45% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 89 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 211 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Joint ownership with my daughter of terraced house in Nottingham: (i).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from