David Morris’s voting in Parliament
David Morris is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, David Morris sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Morris’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Morris’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Morris has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
My constituents put in 10% of the energy into the national grid from two nuclear power stations. We are No. 7 on the template for new builds, so I would like to invite the Under-Secretary of State for Energy Security and Net Zero, my hon. Friend the Member for West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine (Andrew Bowie) to come to Heysham to see for himself the good work of EDF and the new nuclear power...
It is always a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Madam Deputy Speaker. I draw the House’s attention to the funding of canals, particularly in an area of my locality called the Northern Reaches, just north of Carnforth in a place called Tewitfield—a place I know very well. Back in January 2011, I tabled an early-day motion highlighting the need to restore the canal system between...
More of David Morris’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Morecambe and Lunesdale
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Bovine Tuberculosis
- Morecambe and Lunesdale: Funding
- West Coast Railway Line
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Employment Relations (Flexible Working) Bill Committee (30 Nov 2022 to 7 Dec 2022)
- Assistant Whip ( 8 Jul 2022 to 20 Sep 2022)
- Member, Local Government (Disqualification) Bill Committee (24 Nov 2021 to 1 Dec 2021)
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Political and Constitutional Reform Committee (20 Jan 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Science, Innovation and Technology Committee ( 3 Dec 2012 to 24 Nov 2014)
- Member, Administration Committee ( 3 Dec 2012 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Member, Science, Innovation and Technology Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Feb 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Nov 2023.
1. Employment and earnings
6 April 2023, received £1,000 from Evolve IP
professionals application), 6 Cefn Coed, Parc Natgarw, Trefforest, Cardiff CF17 7QQ, for a speech and prize giving at the Evolve IP Partner Day on 23 March 2023. Hours: 5 hrs including preparation. (Registered 19 April 2023)
Name of donor: Government of Bahrain
Address of donor: Bahrain Embassy, 30 Belgrave Square, London SW1X 8QB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights (£649.66), accommodation (£428) and meals (£167.90), total value £1,245.56
Destination of visit: Bahrain
Dates of visit: 8-12 November 2022
Purpose of visit: Visit to Bahrain Air Show
and meeting with Foreign Minister
(Registered 01 December 2022)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Emma Morris, as Senior Parliamentary Assistant. (Registered 16 March 2017; updated 18 August 2020)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)