Nigel Mills’s voting in Parliament
Nigel Mills is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Nigel Mills sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nigel Mills’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nigel Mills’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nigel Mills has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
HMRC enforcement of plastic packaging tax on imports – Nigel Mills.
It is greatly welcome that we are trying to get the assessment to give people the outcome they deserve, but it is intriguing to make what sounds like a fundamental change to an assessment that we are going to try to scrap in a few years’ time. Will the Secretary of State set out how many of the 2.5 million people he cited as being in this situation he thinks would not be in the same group...
What steps his Department is taking to incentivise pension schemes to invest in the UK.
More of Nigel Mills’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Amber Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Nigel Mills campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department of Health and Social Care
- HM Treasury
- Hospitals: Hygiene
- Packaging: Recycling
- E. coli
- Procurement and Public Sector
- General Practitioners: Pensions
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (since 24 Jan 2023)
- Member, International Development Committee (since 14 Dec 2021)
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 2 Mar 2020)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (since 2 Mar 2020)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (since 2 Mar 2020)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Motor Vehicles (Compulsory Insurance) Bill Committee (15 Dec 2021 to 5 Jan 2022)
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) ( 2 Mar 2020 to 9 Mar 2020)
- Member, Committee on the Future Relationship with the European Union ( 2 Mar 2020 to 16 Jan 2021)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (22 Oct 2018 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (19 Mar 2018 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (20 Feb 2018 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 20 Feb 2018)
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee ( 7 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee ( 6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (29 Oct 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (28 Nov 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Sep 2023.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Ferrero UK Ltd
Address of donor: 889 Greenford Road, Greenford UB6 0HE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Invitation to Food and Drink Federation Industry Dinner, value £320
Date received: 27 June 2023
Date accepted: 27 June 2023
Donor status: company, registration 00876127
(Registered 25 July 2023)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Residential property in Nottingham: (i). (Updated 4 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)