Nigel Mills’s voting in Parliament
Nigel Mills is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Nigel Mills sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Nigel Mills voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Nigel Mills voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nigel Mills’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nigel Mills’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nigel Mills has sometimes rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I wish my hon. Friend and the Secretary of State all the best for the discussions that will happen later today or tomorrow. If we stick to the timetable that gets the Bill through by the end of the year, will he confirm when he thinks payments can start being made to the victims?
What steps the Government are taking to tackle economic crime.
I welcome the new economic crime plan, and I agree we need more resources to finance people to tackle these various crimes. What more will be done under that new plan to strengthen our protections against fraud?
More of Nigel Mills’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Amber Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Nigel Mills campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- HM Treasury
- Department for Work and Pensions
- E. coli
- General Practitioners: Pensions
- Railways: Electrification
- Hospitals: Hygiene
- Railways: Tickets
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 22 Oct 2018)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (since 19 Mar 2018)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (since 20 Feb 2018)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 20 Feb 2018)
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (29 Oct 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (28 Nov 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Aug 2019.
Name of donor: BASF
Address of donor: BASF SE
, Europahaus, Benckiserplatz 1, 67059 Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £366.92, hotel £124.39, food/hospitality £189.58 and in-country transport £75, total £755.89
Destination of visit: Ludwigshafen, Germany
Dates of visit: 19-20 July 2018
Purpose of visit: Educational visit to BASF production site organised by the Industry and Parliament Trust
(Registered 13 August 2018; updated 04 September 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Residential property in Nottingham: (i). (Updated 4 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)