Rory Stewart campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Rory Stewart’s voting in Parliament
Rory Stewart is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Rory Stewart sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Rory Stewart consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rory Stewart’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rory Stewart’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rory Stewart has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
Spend via contracts is approximately 13% of DFID’s annual spend with all partners. The total number and value of centrally awarded Government contracts contracted out by DFID in each year since 2010 is shown below: Year Number of contracts Total value awarded 2010/11 92 £277,462,339 2011/12 121 £435,308,168 2012/13 107 £772,914,731 2013/14 182...
The UK is currently undertaking its assessment of the Palestinian Authority’s commitment to the Partnership Principles. These assessments provide robust analysis of countries’ commitments to these principles and are used to inform dialogue between DFID and partner governments.
The PEGASE scheme is audited by two firms. Ernst & Young are providing the ex-ante audits. The firm is authorised and regulated by the UK Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). Mazars, Paris (with their local partner El Wafa) are conducting ex-post audits. Mazars are regulated by Ordre des Experts Comptables – Région Paris Ile de France.
More of Rory Stewart’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Penrith and The Border
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Ministry of Defence
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Armed Forces: Languages
- Defence Cultural Specialist Unit
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Department for International Development (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 10 Oct 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (8 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (16 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (14 May 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Defence Committee (14 May 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Jun 2014)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Rory Stewart’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.06% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 213 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rory Stewart’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 216 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Feb 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Sterling Lord Literistic, Inc., 65 Bleecker Street, New York, NY
29 April 2016
, £1,671.53 for royalty payments. Hours worked: none since my election. (Registered 11 May 2016)
13 July 2016
, £2,998.24 for royalty payments. Hours worked: none since my election. (Registered 02 August 2016
19 August 2016, £4,746.76 for royalty payments. Hours worked: none since my election. (Registered 23 August 2016)
28 September 2016
, £12,793.98 for royalty payments for book commissioned in 2012. Hours worked: approx. 400 hrs between 2012 and 2015. (Registered 19 October 2016
13 October 2016, £1,284.99 for royalty payments. Hours worked: none since my election. (Registered 19 October 2016)
Unremunerated directorship of the Cumbria Broadband Rural & Community Projects Limited, a not for profit company dissolved on 2 February 2016
. (Updated 2 February 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from