Rory Stewart’s voting in Parliament
Rory Stewart is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Rory Stewart sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Rory Stewart consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rory Stewart’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rory Stewart’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rory Stewart has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
Since 8 May 2015 there were two occasions when hard copy documents were lost. The documents were subsequently recovered. 73 passes were reported as lost, these are classified as official documents.
I refer the hon. Member to the answer I provided on 14th March 2017 to Question number 66937.
UK financial assistance to the Palestinian Authority (PA) is only used to fund the salaries of PA health and education public servants in the West Bank who are on a vetted EU list. The list of eligible beneficiaries is subject to a vetting process that includes screening against international and ad hoc sanctions lists, covering a large number of different risk categories including terrorism...
More of Rory Stewart’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Penrith and The Border
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Rory Stewart campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Armed Forces: Languages
- Defence Cultural Specialist Unit
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Department for International Development (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 10 Oct 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (8 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (16 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (14 May 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Defence Committee (14 May 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Jun 2014)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Rory Stewart’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.22% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 212 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rory Stewart’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 216 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Apr 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Sterling Lord Literistic Inc., 65 Bleecker Street, New York, NY
13 June 2016
, payment of £1,211 for American royalties. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 02 March 2017
14 July 2016
, payment of £38,156 for American royalties. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 02 March 2017)
19 December 2016, payment of £36,783 for American royalties. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 02 March 2017)
29 April 2016
, £1,671.53 for royalty payments. Hours worked: none since my election. (Registered 11 May 2016)
13 July 2016, £2,998.24 for royalty payments. Hours worked: none since my election. (Registered 02 August 2016
19 August 2016, £4,746.76 for royalty payments. Hours worked: none since my election. (Registered 23 August 2016)
28 September 2016
, £12,793.98 for royalty payments for book commissioned in 2012. Hours worked: approx. 400 hrs between 2012 and 2015. (Registered 19 October 2016
13 October 2016, £1,284.99 for royalty payments. Hours worked: none since my election. (Registered 19 October 2016)
10 February 2017
, £410 for royalty payments for the inclusion in a book of an article written in 2012. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 27 February 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from