Ian Lavery’s voting in Parliament
Ian Lavery is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Ian Lavery sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Ian Lavery generally voted against requiring the mass retention of information about communications, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ian Lavery’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ian Lavery’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ian Lavery has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what her policy is on promoting a cross-curriculum approach to teaching; and if she will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps he is taking to ensure that adequate numbers of junior doctors are being trained.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what steps her Department is taking to encourage young people to work towards a career in healthcare.
More of Ian Lavery’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wansbeck
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Ian Lavery campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Ministry of Justice
- Rio Tinto Group
- Prison Service
- Revenue and Customs
- East Coast Railway Line
Currently held offices
- Co-National Campaign Coordinator (since 14 Jun 2017)
- Party Chair, Labour Party (since 14 Jun 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (since 7 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Campaigns and Elections Chair (11 Feb 2017 to 14 Jun 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (Trade Unions and Civil Society) (18 Sep 2015 to 7 Oct 2016)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Draft Deregulation Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2013 to 11 Dec 2013)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 24 Oct 2011)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Ian Lavery’s speeches
- Has received answers to 46 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ian Lavery’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 232 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from