We need your help
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
If everyone who visited TheyWorkForYou donated just £1, we’d reach our crowdfunding target in less than 3 days.
Ian Lavery’s voting in Parliament
Ian Lavery is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Ian Lavery sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Ian Lavery generally voted against requiring the mass retention of information about communications, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ian Lavery’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ian Lavery’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what steps his Department has taken to promote (a) vocational qualifications and (b) apprenticeships to students and young people.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what assessment she has made of the potential merits of changing application forms for attendance allowance .
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what proportion of attendance allowance claims have been successful since (a) 2010, (b) 2015 and (c) 2018.
More of Ian Lavery’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wansbeck
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Ian Lavery campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Ministry of Justice
- Rio Tinto Group
- Prison Service
- Revenue and Customs
- Universal Credit
Currently held offices
- Co-National Campaign Coordinator (since 14 Jun 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (since 7 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Party Chair, Labour Party (14 Jun 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Campaigns and Elections Chair (11 Feb 2017 to 14 Jun 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (Trade Unions and Civil Society) (18 Sep 2015 to 7 Oct 2016)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Draft Deregulation Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2013 to 11 Dec 2013)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 24 Oct 2011)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Nov 2019.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 128 Theobald's Road, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Hotel accommodation during the Labour Party Conference
, total value £1,100
Date received: 20-25 September 2019
Date accepted: 20 September 2019
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 03 October 2019)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Hilary Lavery, as Senior Secretary.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)