Ian Lavery’s voting in Parliament
Ian Lavery is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Ian Lavery sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Ian Lavery generally voted against requiring the mass retention of information about communications, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ian Lavery’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ian Lavery’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ian Lavery has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 25 Jun 2019
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what steps he has taken to preserve international co-operation on climate change when the UK leaves the EU.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what recent assessment his Department has made of the adequacy of the procurement processes operated by NHS trusts for the purpose of hiring British Sign Language translators.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, for what reason the Morpeth Clinic, Northumberland Sexual Health Services to not provide services to Gay and Bisexual men on the PrEP impact trial.
More of Ian Lavery’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wansbeck
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Ian Lavery campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Ministry of Justice
- Rio Tinto Group
- Prison Service
- Revenue and Customs
- Civil Servants: Redundancy Pay
Currently held offices
- Co-National Campaign Coordinator (since 14 Jun 2017)
- Party Chair, Labour Party (since 14 Jun 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (since 7 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Campaigns and Elections Chair (11 Feb 2017 to 14 Jun 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (Trade Unions and Civil Society) (18 Sep 2015 to 7 Oct 2016)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Draft Deregulation Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2013 to 11 Dec 2013)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 24 Oct 2011)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 1 Jul 2019.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 128 Theobald's Road, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Hotel accommodation during the Labour Party Conference
, total value £1,312
Date received: 22-26 September 2018
Date accepted: 22 September 2018
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 02 October 2018)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Hilary Lavery, as Senior Secretary.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)