A selection of Julian Smith's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2011
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
6 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Generally voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 3 absences, in 2013
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted a mixture of for and against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julian Smith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julian Smith’s full vote analysis page for more.
Former Conservative MP for Skipton and Ripon
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Julian Smith campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Procurement
- Conditions of Employment
- EU Law
- Departmental Food
Other offices held in the past
- Government Whip (17 Jul 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee of Selection (17 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Julian Smith’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.86% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 143 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 120 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Roger H Tempest
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: auction prize of the exclusive use of an event venue, including dinner, value £6,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 04 August 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Three residential properties in London, the third being acquired in July 2016
: (i) and (ii). (Updated 23 April 2013
and 04 August 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from