Julian Smith campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Julian Smith’s voting in Parliament
Julian Smith is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Julian Smith sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Julian Smith consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julian Smith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julian Smith’s full vote analysis page for more.
Julian Smith has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Conservative MP for Skipton and Ripon
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Procurement
- Conditions of Employment
- EU Law
- Departmental Food
Currently held offices
- The Vice-Chamberlain of Her Majesty's Household (since 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Committee of Selection (since 17 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Julian Smith’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.08% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 141 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Julian Smith’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 120 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Michael Abrahams
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: party on 25 July 2015
to thank my supporters, value £2,700
Donor status: individual
(Registered 26 August 2015
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Two residential properties in London: (i) and (ii). (Updated 23 April 2013
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from