Chris White campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Chris White’s voting in Parliament
Chris White is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Chris White sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris White consistently voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris White’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris White’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris White has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Yemen 12 Jan 2017
I am pleased to have secured this debate along with the hon. Member for Liverpool, West Derby (Stephen Twigg), and I thank the Backbench Business Committee for granting us this opportunity. The conflict in Yemen between the Saudi-led coalition and the Houthi rebels has created grave instability and danger. Amnesty International has stated that the conflict has seen “violations of...
Yemen 12 Jan 2017
Thank you for the final point, but I suggest that where the hon. Gentleman talks about ethics he is missing my point entirely. This is not necessarily about ethics; it is about the rule of law and the criteria for our arms export licensing.
Yemen 12 Jan 2017
I will answer briefly by saying that the Government had already been in discussions with Saudi Arabia regarding cluster munitions—in 2010—but I do not think that the Saudi Arabian Government took a terribly large amount of notice of our Government’s persuasion until after the events when those munitions were identified.
More of Chris White’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Warwick and Leamington
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Cabinet Office
- Culture Media and Sport
- Communities and Local Government
- Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012
- Third Sector
- Social Enterprises
- Video Games
Currently held offices
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (since 17 Oct 2016)
- Chair, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Feb 2016)
- Member, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (since 1 Dec 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Chris White’s speeches
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.56% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 139 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris White’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 93 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from