Chris White campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Chris White’s voting in Parliament
Chris White is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Chris White sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris White consistently voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Chris White consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris White’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris White’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris White has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
My constituency voted to remain by a large margin, and I voted to remain, so coming to the conclusion that I should support this Bill this evening has been very difficult. In 2015, I stood for election on a manifesto that promised a referendum. Soon after, I voted in favour of a Bill to put that referendum before the British people. In December, I voted for a motion calling on the Government...
I congratulate the hon. Lady on securing this important debate. Warwick Nursery School and Whitnash Nursery School in my constituency will face a funding decrease under the proposals. Does she agree that the Government should revisit those proposals, so that such nurseries are not placed under a disadvantage or, worse still, forced to close?
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, with reference to paragraph 3.36 of the Autumn Statement 2016, if his Department will support firms specialising (a) in video and mobile game development and (b) on artificial intelligence, data analytics and virtual reality.
More of Chris White’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Warwick and Leamington
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Cabinet Office
- Culture Media and Sport
- Communities and Local Government
- Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012
- Third Sector
- Social Enterprises
- Video Games
Currently held offices
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (since 17 Oct 2016)
- Chair, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Feb 2016)
- Member, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (since 1 Dec 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Chris White’s speeches
- Has received answers to 13 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 146 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris White’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 100 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from