Chris White campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Chris White’s voting in Parliament
Chris White is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Chris White sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris White consistently voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris White’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris White’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris White has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I am delighted to follow the hon. Member for Sunderland Central (Julie Elliott) and to have listened to her remarks. I thank the Backbench Business Committee for allowing us to secure this debate, which we have called to highlight the significant contribution the creative industries make to the UK and to stress the importance of its continued support whether through investment, financial...
My constituency is home to a number of significant manufacturing and technology businesses, which play a major role in our local economy. What reassurance can the Prime Minister give me that this trade will continue to grow, not least after Warwick’s very strong vote to remain?
What recent steps he has taken to create the midlands engine.
More of Chris White’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Warwick and Leamington
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Cabinet Office
- Culture Media and Sport
- Communities and Local Government
- Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012
- Third Sector
- Social Enterprises
- Video Games
- Warwickshire Primary Care Trust
Currently held offices
- Chair, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Feb 2016)
- Member, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (since 1 Dec 2015)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Chris White’s speeches
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 138 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris White’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 84 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from