A selection of Jackie Doyle-Price's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
20 votes for, 5 votes against, between 2010–2015
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
12 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2013–2016
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2010–2016
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2010–2017
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jackie Doyle-Price’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jackie Doyle-Price’s full vote analysis page for more.
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mrs Gillan. It is a great pleasure to respond to the debate moved by my hon. Friend the Member for Weston-super-Mare (John Penrose). He has been fortuitous in securing this debate on low-cost housing the day after the White Paper was published, but he is rather disadvantaged by the fact that the Minister responsible is so busy selling the...
The hon. Lady has hit on a major structural problem that is inhibiting the ability to supply. There are many examples of what she talks about. Some developers are bringing forward a supply of housing and others are sitting on the land. The White Paper on housing that we published yesterday advocates shortening timescales for the implementation of planning permissions where appropriate. That...
The hon. Gentleman will not be surprised to hear that I disagree with his point about right to buy. We are firmly committed to it. We want to encourage the aspiration for everyone to own their own home. We want to enable that, and right to buy is very much a part of it. He made very thoughtful remarks in his earlier contribution, and we have answers. We are firmly committed to making sure...
More of Jackie Doyle-Price’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Thurrock
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Jackie Doyle-Price campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Dartford-Thurrock Crossing: Tolls
- Thurrock Thames Gateway Development Corporation
- Dartford-Thurrock Crossing
- River Thames: Bridges
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee of Selection (17 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (13 May 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 8 Dec 2014)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Jackie Doyle-Price’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.36% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 107 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 119 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Shelfside (Holdings) Ltd
Address of donor: 88/98 College Road, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 1RA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: company, registration 04128194
(Registered 19 May 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from