Teresa Pearce’s voting in Parliament
Teresa Pearce is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Teresa Pearce’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 2 votes against, 6 absences, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
3 votes for, 18 votes against, 4 absences, between 2010–2015
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
14 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 10 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Teresa Pearce’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Teresa Pearce’s full vote analysis page for more.
Teresa Pearce has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
Labour MP for Erith and Thamesmead
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Teresa Pearce campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Innovation and Skills
- Department of Health
- Education Maintenance Allowance
- Students: Finance
- Employment Schemes
- Social Security Benefits: Fraud
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government and Shadow Minister for the Constitutional Convention (since 7 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Housing) (18 Sep 2015 to 7 Oct 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Treasury Committee (14 Nov 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Teresa Pearce’s speeches
- Has received answers to 17 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.45% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 124 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Teresa Pearce’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 79 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from