Iain Stewart’s voting in Parliament
Iain Stewart is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Iain Stewart sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Iain Stewart voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Iain Stewart’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Iain Stewart’s full vote analysis page for more.
Iain Stewart has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Speak for yourself!
As ever, it is a pleasure to speak under your chairmanship, Madam Deputy Speaker. I am very grateful for this opportunity to speak about what I fully accept is not the most pressing issue on the railways today, and I make it clear at the outset that I know that many passengers on lines affected by the chaos from the new timetables on Northern and Govia Thameslink Railway would welcome any...
I should declare that I am a railway buff and therefore have an unhealthy level of detailed knowledge about these matters. My hon. Friend has made a good point. There is a trade-off to be made between having comfortable seats and having enough seats. I shall return to that in a moment, but he is right to say that the comfort and safety of those who work on our railways are as important as the...
More of Iain Stewart’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Milton Keynes South
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Iain Stewart campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- HM Treasury
- Schools: Snow and Ice
- Students: Loans
- Funeral Payments
Currently held offices
- Member, Selection Committee (since 4 Sep 2019)
- Assistant Whip (since 26 Jul 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Transport Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 5 Nov 2018)
- Member, Transport Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Transport Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 4 Nov 2013)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Iain Stewart’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.99% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 130 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Iain Stewart’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 204 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Sep 2019.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Royal Automobile Club Motor sports Association Ltd (trading as Motorsports UK)
Address of donor: Motor Sports House, Riverside Park, Colnbrook SL3 0HG
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets to attend the British Grand Prix
at Silverstone, total value £1,220
Date received: 14 July 2019
Date accepted: 14 July 2019
Donor status: company, registration 1344829
(Registered 30 July 2019)
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Hitachi Rail
Address of donor: 7th Floor, One New Ludgate, 60 Ludgate Hill, London EC4M 7AW
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £410; train tickets £115; accommodation £451; transfers £75; catering £20; total £1,071
Destination of visit: Rome and Pistoria, Italy
Dates of visit: 13-16 June 2019
Purpose of visit: Study trip visit Hitachi Rail's Pistoria Facility and Italian high speed rail.
(Registered 11 July 2019)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
From 4 May 2013, shareholding in SuitLink Ltd, an on-line social media company. The company is now dormant. (Registered 07 May 2013; updated 14 January 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)