Craig Whittaker’s voting in Parliament
Craig Whittaker is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Craig Whittaker sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Craig Whittaker voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Craig Whittaker consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Craig Whittaker’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Craig Whittaker’s full vote analysis page for more.
Craig Whittaker has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
indicated assent. The House forthwith resolved itself into the Legislative Grand Committee (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) ( Standing Order No. 83M). [Dame Rosie Winterton in the Chair]
Q I have two questions, if I may. First, I just want to ask David a question. You said earlier that it would be a disaster if the pharmaceutical industry did not operate under the same regulatory framework as Europe—that would be a disaster for pharmaceuticals in this country. Correct me if I heard wrongly. However, is it not true that no matter what country you want to deal with, as an...
Q So there is absolutely no reason why you as an industry would not conform to that regulation anyway, and consequently this is not really a trade issue.
More of Craig Whittaker’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Calder Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Craig Whittaker campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Education
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Transport
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Special Educational Needs
- Defence: Procurement
- Unmanned Air Vehicles
- Personal Independence Payment
- Housing Benefit
Currently held offices
- Member, Selection Committee (since 5 Sep 2018)
- Government Whip (since 9 Jan 2018)
- Assistant Whip (since 15 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jun 2017 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Member, Able Marine Energy Park Development Consent Order 2014 Committee (11 Jun 2014 to 30 Oct 2014)
- Member, Education Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Craig Whittaker’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.58% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 178 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Craig Whittaker’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 95 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Jan 2019.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Castle Villas Ltd
Address of donor: 25a Aire Valley Business Centre, Lawkholme, Keighley BD21 3BB
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000 for campaigning funds
Donor status: company, registration 03952886
(Registered 22 February 2018)
Name of donor: H & C Whitehead Ltd
Address of donor: Prospect Works, Bradford Road, Bailiff Bridge, Brighouse HD6 4DJ
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: company, registration 00352679
(Registered 19 July 2018)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)