Penny Mordaunt’s voting in Parliament
Penny Mordaunt is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Penny Mordaunt sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Penny Mordaunt consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Penny Mordaunt’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Penny Mordaunt’s full vote analysis page for more.
Penny Mordaunt has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
The assessment criteria for Employment and Support Allowance and Personal Independence Payment are intended to treat all health conditions and disabilities fairly and measure the functional impact of a person’s health condition or impairment on their ability to work or manage daily living and mobility activities rather than focusing on the health condition or disability itself.
Rather than setting out a list of specific medical conditions, the criteria for stopping routine assessments in Employment Support Allowance and Universal Credit is based on a set of functional descriptors to determine how an illness or disability affects an individual’s ability to work.
There are no current plans to review the Personal Independence Payment assessment criteria.
More of Penny Mordaunt’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Portsmouth North
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Penny Mordaunt campaigned to leave the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Deputy Prime Minister
- NHS: Conditions of Employment
- Cancer: Drugs
- Military Aircraft
- Bill of Rights
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions (since 15 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Ministry of Defence) (Minister for the Armed Forces) (8 May 2015 to 15 Jul 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, Defence Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 16 Jul 2013)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 9 Sep 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Penny Mordaunt’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.50% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 128 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Penny Mordaunt’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 244 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Industrial Maintenance Services
Address of donor: Portfield Road, Portsmouth O3 5FL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: company, registration 4854832
(Registered 07 July 2017
Since May 2015 I have been a Royal Naval Reservist on List 6, which means that I have no Annual Training Commitment and receive no remuneration. (Registered 23 February 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from