Penny Mordaunt’s voting in Parliament
Penny Mordaunt is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Penny Mordaunt sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Penny Mordaunt voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Penny Mordaunt’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Penny Mordaunt’s full vote analysis page for more.
Penny Mordaunt has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Nov 2018
Women and Equalities: Work of the Government Equalities Office.
Witnesses: Rt Hon Penny Mordaunt MP, Minister for Women and Equalities Elysia McCaffrey, Deputy Head, Government Equalities Office
The EU is currently considering merging the EDF into a broader instrument for the period of the next EU budget cycle and the UK is party to those discussions. In the future, the UK is open to contributing to the EU’s development programmes where it is in the UK and EU’s mutual interest and meets joint objectives. A condition of any future UK contribution would be that UK organisations...
No reports of terrorist financing offences have been made by the Department for International Development under Section 19 of the Terrorism Act 2000. The Department has a zero-tolerance approach to UK aid diversion to fund terrorist activities. DFID’s funding agreements commit our partners to understand and comply with UK and international counter terrorism legislation. My department has...
More of Penny Mordaunt’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Portsmouth North
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Penny Mordaunt campaigned to leave the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Deputy Prime Minister
- NHS: Conditions of Employment
- Cancer: Drugs
- Military Aircraft
- Bill of Rights
Currently held offices
- Minister for Women and Equalities (since 30 Apr 2018)
- The Secretary of State for International Development (since 9 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions (15 Jul 2016 to 9 Nov 2017)
- Minister of State (Ministry of Defence) (Minister for the Armed Forces) (8 May 2015 to 15 Jul 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, Defence Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 16 Jul 2013)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 9 Sep 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Penny Mordaunt’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.46% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Penny Mordaunt’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 318 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from