Penny Mordaunt’s voting in Parliament
Penny Mordaunt is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Penny Mordaunt sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Penny Mordaunt voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Penny Mordaunt’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Penny Mordaunt’s full vote analysis page for more.
Penny Mordaunt has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria is critical to the delivery of the UK’s objectives on the three diseases, and has helped to save 27 million lives since 2002. The UK is fully committed to a successful Sixth Replenishment and we look forward to reviewing the full investment case before making a decision about our next programme of support.
We cannot say at the present time in which month the health systems strengthening position paper will be published. We are committed to publishing the position paper in 2019.
The UK government advises against all travel to Yemen due to the serious risk to security. We keep the situation on the ground under careful review and will re-establish visits to Yemen when the security situation permits us to do so. Although DFID staff cannot currently visit Yemen, we are in regular communication with programme partners, the UN Humanitarian Coordinator and others to...
More of Penny Mordaunt’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Portsmouth North
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Penny Mordaunt campaigned to leave the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Deputy Prime Minister
- NHS: Conditions of Employment
- Cancer: Drugs
- Military Aircraft
- Bill of Rights
Currently held offices
- Minister for Women and Equalities (since 30 Apr 2018)
- The Secretary of State for International Development (since 9 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions (15 Jul 2016 to 9 Nov 2017)
- Minister of State (Ministry of Defence) (Minister for the Armed Forces) (8 May 2015 to 15 Jul 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, Defence Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 16 Jul 2013)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 9 Sep 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Penny Mordaunt’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 118 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Penny Mordaunt’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 324 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Jan 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
24 November 2017, received £150 from the BBC
, Broadcasting House, Whiteladies Road, Bristol BS8 2LR, for an appearance on Any Questions
. Hours: 2 hrs including preparation. (Registered 08 February 2018)
Since May 2015 I have been a Royal Naval Reservist on List 6, which means that I have no Annual Training Commitment and receive no remuneration. (Registered 23 February 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from