George Hollingbery campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
George Hollingbery’s voting in Parliament
George Hollingbery is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, George Hollingbery sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
George Hollingbery consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of George Hollingbery’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit George Hollingbery’s full vote analysis page for more.
George Hollingbery has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how much has been made available to support victims in each of the last five years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps his Department has taken to improve the mental health of prisoners.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps his Department has taken to improve drug treatment in prisons.
More of George Hollingbery’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Meon Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department of Health
- Communities and Local Government
- White Fish: Conservation
- White Fish: Ireland
- Fisheries: Finance
- Angling: Licensing
Currently held offices
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (since 1 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all George Hollingbery’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 117 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on George Hollingbery’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 71 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Two houses in Cornwall, from which I derive rental income, in one case on an occasional basis only: (i) and (ii). (Updated 15 July 2013
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Thompson Sowerbutts; property renovation and rental.
Renewable Design Company, which designs and installs heat pump systems. (Registered 12 June 2013
; a non trading company that holds certain assets and liabilities created through the installation of heat pumps for commercial buildings. (Registered 29 May 2015
My family has an interest in a beat for fishing on the River Spey
. As a consequence, I am a director of the Spey Fishing Trust.
Unpaid director of Enxray Ltd, a start-up engaged in the design and development of sterilisation equipment for the life sciences industry and other related sectors. Address: c/o Capwhite Consulting, 145 High Street, Colchester, CO1 1PG. (Registered 22 September 2014
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from