Mike Freer campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Mike Freer’s voting in Parliament
Mike Freer is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Mike Freer’s votes.
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Almost always voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Generally voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike Freer’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike Freer’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mike Freer has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I welcome the Ministry of Defence’s decision to allow women to fight on the frontline. Will the Minister explain what steps the Government will take to encourage women to take up these new posts?
I congratulate my hon. Friend on securing the debate, and I pay tribute to his work in representing the Iranian community in north London. Many of us were encouraged to support the lifting of sanctions in order to see a thaw in the repression of the regime. Given the acceleration in the use of the death penalty, the continued persecution of women and minorities, and the crushing of the...
More of Mike Freer’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Finchley and Golders Green
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Billing
- Press: Subscriptions
- Mobile Phones
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (29 Nov 2010 to 4 Feb 2013)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 23 May 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Mike Freer’s speeches
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.16% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 120 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mike Freer’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 102 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Studio Sixty Billion, 16 Short’s Gardens, London WC2H 9AU:
6 January 2016
, received £1,000 for TV
appearance and preparation. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 11 January 2016)
20 April 2016
, received £1,000 for TV appearance and preparation. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 25 April 2016)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Coleman Bennett International
Address of donor: The Gherkin, 30 St Mary Axe, London EC3A 8AD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Donor status: company, registration 02359259
(Registered 16 May 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
A house in Finchley, Barnet, owned jointly with my husband: (i). (Updated 07 June 2015
A house in Region 32, south west France, owned jointly with my husband: (i). (Updated 07 June 2015)
A house in Dumfrieshire, owned jointly with my mother: (i). (Updated 07 June 2015)
Until 8 July 2015
, flat in Finchley, Barnet, owned jointly with my husband: (i) and (ii). (Registered 7 June 2015; updated 3 August 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from