Mike Freer’s voting in Parliament
Mike Freer is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mike Freer sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mike Freer voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike Freer’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike Freer’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mike Freer has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
Don’t let her tempt you.
I thank right hon. and hon. Members for their time this afternoon. This has been a constructive debate, and I thank the Minister specifically for the commitments on extending the ring fence, for recognising that work needs to be done on the commissioning model and with regard to the work that PHE will be doing on a new action plan to support the pilots in addressing fragmentation and...
More of Mike Freer’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Finchley and Golders Green
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Mike Freer campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Billing
- Press: Subscriptions
- Mobile Phones
Currently held offices
- Government Whip (since 26 Jul 2018)
- Assistant Whip (since 15 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jun 2017 to 26 Jul 2018)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (29 Nov 2010 to 4 Feb 2013)
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 23 May 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Mike Freer’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.22% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 130 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mike Freer’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 111 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Jan 2019.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Sir Michael Davis
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: individual
(Registered 10 April 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
A house in Finchley, Barnet, owned jointly with my husband: (i). (Updated 07 June 2015)
A house in south west France, owned jointly with my husband: (i). (Updated 07 June 2015)
A house in Dumfrieshire, owned jointly with my mother: (i). (Updated 07 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from