David Mowat campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
David Mowat’s voting in Parliament
David Mowat is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of David Mowat’s votes.
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Mowat’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Mowat’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Mowat has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
NHS England is ensuring that the Department is informed of progress to rectify issues with the contract, and the overall effectiveness of the services provided.
The Care Act 2014 placed duties on local authorities making them responsible for ensuring there is an effective pool of quality providers of social care in their area with capacity to meet the needs of their local population. The Department is supporting local authorities to influence their local market through improved market facilitation and commissioning to ensure that local markets are...
The Department has not issued guidance to general practitioners on stopping the issuing of repeat prescriptions without an appointment. When issuing repeat prescriptions or prescribing with repeats, prescribers are expected to make sure that procedures are in place to monitor whether the medicine is still safe and necessary for the patient.
More of David Mowat’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Warrington South
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Public Expenditure
- Occupational Pensions
- Trade Fairs
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Draft Financial Services Bill (Joint Committee) (18 Jul 2011 to 13 Dec 2011)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 70 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all David Mowat’s speeches
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.46% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 262 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Mowat’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 327 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from