Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
A selection of Stephen Gilbert's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2010–2012
Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
4 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2010–2013
Almost always voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2012
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2010–2013
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
16 votes for, 5 votes against, 5 absences, between 2010–2014
Almost always voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
10 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2013–2014
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stephen Gilbert’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stephen Gilbert’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, whether it is his policy that specialised commissioning hubs will be able to deviate from national standards in their commissioning of specialised care.
More of Stephen Gilbert’s recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat MP for St Austell and Newquay
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Energy and Climate Change
- Communities and Local Government
- Regional Pay
- Green Deal Scheme
- Social Security Benefits
- Housing: Construction
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (25 Nov 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 28 Jan 2013)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Stephen Gilbert’s speeches
- Has received answers to 20 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.17% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 36 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 117 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from