Mary Glindon’s voting in Parliament
Mary Glindon is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Mary Glindon sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mary Glindon generally voted against equal gay rights; comparable Labour MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, 2 absences, between 2013–2019. Labour, 13 votes, between 2013–2019
Mary Glindon almost always voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex; comparable Labour MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, between 2014–2019. Labour, 12 votes, between 2013–2019
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mary Glindon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mary Glindon’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mary Glindon has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy Security and Net Zero, what steps she is taking to support the growth of the offshore energy sector in North Tyneside constituency.
As part of the recent floating offshore wind manufacturing investment scheme, ambitious and comprehensive bids for funding to support developments by three major industry players on the Tyne were unsuccessful. Will the Minister meet me and those key Tyne businesses to discuss what further opportunities the Department can bring to mobilise the high-quality assets of our great river?
The Government’s “Creating a smokefree generation and tackling youth vaping” consultation closes in two weeks, and it is crucial that they do not rush through legislation without considering all the responses carefully. Will the Leader of the House confirm that there will be a sufficient window between the consultation’s closure and the introduction to the House of the tobacco and...
More of Mary Glindon’s recent appearances
Labour MP for North Tyneside
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Mary Glindon campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Ministry of Justice
- Department of Health
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- Children: Maintenance
- Parkinson's Disease: Mental Health Services
- Alcoholic Drinks: Misuse
- Offenders: Electronic Tagging
- Prisons: Fires
Currently held offices
- Member, Renters (Reform) Bill Committee (since 8 Nov 2023)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (since 14 Apr 2020)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Lifelong Learning (Higher Education Fee Limits) Bill Committee (15 Mar 2023 to 23 Mar 2023)
- Member, Retained EU Law (Revocation and Reform Bill) Committee ( 2 Nov 2022 to 29 Nov 2022)
- Member, Genetic Technology (Precision Breeding) Bill Committee (22 Jun 2022 to 7 Jul 2022)
- Member, Animal Welfare (Sentience) Bill [HL] Committee ( 9 Feb 2022 to 10 Feb 2022)
- Member, Animal Welfare (Kept Animals) Bill Committee ( 3 Nov 2021 to 18 Nov 2021)
- Member, Higher Education (Freedom of Speech) Bill Committee ( 7 Sep 2021 to 22 Sep 2021)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee ( 2 Mar 2020 to 8 Jun 2020)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Farming and Rural Communities) (10 Oct 2016 to 10 Apr 2020)
- Member, Transport Committee ( 8 Jul 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Levelling Up, Housing and Communities Committee (25 Feb 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)