Kris Hopkins campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Kris Hopkins’s voting in Parliament
Kris Hopkins is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Kris Hopkins sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kris Hopkins consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kris Hopkins’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kris Hopkins’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kris Hopkins has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
May I begin by recognising the enormous contribution of my predecessor, the hon. Member for Wyre and Preston North (Mr Wallace)? I wish him well in his new role. I am determined to build on the progress this Government have made in delivering peace and prosperity in Northern Ireland. This Government have already taken bold steps to back businesses across the UK, including reducing...
I would be absolutely delighted to meet the hon. Gentleman and other Members from both sides of the House. May I just put on record my respect for the fact that he has managed to secure a £5 million trust for local employers? [Interruption.]
I reassure my hon. Friend that this Government have already increased PSNI funding by £160 million, with £25 million specifically to address paramilitary activity.
More of Kris Hopkins’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Keighley
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Armed Forces: Housing
- Courts: Fines
- Armed Forces: Pay
- Falkland Islands
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Northern Ireland Office) (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- The Vice-Chamberlain of Her Majesty's Household (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (7 Oct 2013 to 13 May 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (28 Nov 2011 to 5 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Kris Hopkins’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 131 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kris Hopkins’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 102 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from