A selection of Ben Gummer's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
49 votes for, 0 votes against, 5 absences, between 2012–2016
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
20 votes for, 22 votes against, 7 absences, between 2010–2017
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, in 2013
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ben Gummer’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ben Gummer’s full vote analysis page for more.
Holding answer received on 02 March 2017 It has not proved possible to respond to the hon. Member in the time available before Prorogation.
The Prime Minister will write to ministerial colleagues providing guidance on the conduct of government business during the general election period. The Cabinet Secretary has issued parallel guidance to civil servants on their conduct during this period. The guidance comes into force on 22 April 2017. Copies of the documents have been placed in the libraries of both Houses and on the Cabinet...
On 4 May 2017, elections will take place to local authorities in England, Wales and Scotland, including for directly elected Mayors to seven Combined Authorities, and two local district councils in England. As is normal ahead of elections, guidance has now been issued for civil servants in UK Government departments and those working in arm’s length bodies on the principles that they should...
More of Ben Gummer’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Ipswich
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Ben Gummer campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Multiple Sclerosis: Drugs
- Music: Education
- Asylum: Community Relations
- Railways: East of England
Other offices held in the past
- The Paymaster General and Minister for the Cabinet Office (14 Jul 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (14 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Member, Justice Committee (29 Nov 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Ben Gummer’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 78 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 294 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: F. Vindis & Sons (Bedford)
Address of donor: Vindis House, Washingley Road, Huntingdon PE29 6WP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Donor status: company, registration 02970761
(Registered 31 May 2016)
Name of donor: Ellisons Solicitors
Address of donor: Headgate Court, Colchester CO1 1 NP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: company, registration 03208381
(Registered 22 November 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from