Ben Gummer campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Ben Gummer’s voting in Parliament
Ben Gummer is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Ben Gummer sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Ben Gummer consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ben Gummer’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ben Gummer’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ben Gummer has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
As at the 31st December 2016, the number of Building Access (security) passes issued by the Cabinet Office to people (a) not directly employed by and (b) who are not civil servants and who work or regularly visit the Cabinet Office was 39. In addition 345 passes have been issued to staff of external contractors who are employed full time working for the Cabinet Office. The numbers of such...
The Government, announced savings and benefits totalling £3.3 billion in 2015/16 on 3rd February 2017, building on total savings of £52billion during the last parliament. A detailed breakdown of these savings and benefits was published alongside a technical note, including the individual methodologies from each of the savings workstreams featured in this announcement. Independent...
The Prime Minister’s Office is an integral part of Cabinet Office and is included in this reply. The Office for National Statistics publish much of this information each year by Civil Service organization as part of their annual release of Civil Service statistics. The latest data set from 2016 can be found on the ONS website, available at:...
More of Ben Gummer’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Ipswich
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Multiple Sclerosis: Drugs
- Music: Education
- Asylum: Community Relations
- Railways: East of England
Currently held offices
- The Paymaster General and Minister for the Cabinet Office (since 14 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (14 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Member, Justice Committee (29 Nov 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Ben Gummer’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.20% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 115 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ben Gummer’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 285 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Feb 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: F. Vindis & Sons (Bedford)
Address of donor: Vindis House, Washingley Road, Huntingdon PE29 6WP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Donor status: company, registration 02970761
(Registered 31 May 2016
Name of donor: Ellisons Solicitors
Address of donor: Headgate Court, Colchester CO1 1 NP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: company, registration 03208381
(Registered 22 November 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from