Ben Gummer campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Ben Gummer’s voting in Parliament
Ben Gummer is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Ben Gummer’s votes.
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ben Gummer’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ben Gummer’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ben Gummer has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The high-level vehicle data that is held centrally does not include the safety specific standard equipment or the optional safety related extras that may have been added. Consequently, we are unable to provide the information required. The Crown Commercial Service is committed to supporting the British Road Safety Statement and has recently put in place a Vehicle Telematics Framework to...
GOV.UK Verify is already accepting registrations. Citizens have been able to verify their identities in order to access government services since 14 October 2014. Since then, GOV.UK Verify has been used more than 1 million times, with 945,000 identity accounts verified so far. Work on the two main local authority trials - relating to residents’ parking permit services applications and...
I refer the hon. Member to my previous answer.
More of Ben Gummer’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Ipswich
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Multiple Sclerosis: Drugs
- Music: Education
- Asylum: Community Relations
- Railways: East of England
Currently held offices
- The Paymaster General and Minister for the Cabinet Office (since 14 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (8 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Member, Justice Committee (29 Nov 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Ben Gummer’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.44% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 123 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ben Gummer’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 278 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Dec 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: F. Vindis & Sons (Bedford)
Address of donor: Vindis House, Washingley Road, Huntingdon PE29 6WP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Donor status: company, registration 02970761
(Registered 31 May 2016
Name of donor: Ellisons Solicitors
Address of donor: Headgate Court, Colchester CO1 1 NP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: company, registration 03208381
(Registered 22 November 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from