A selection of Gemma Doyle's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gemma Doyle’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gemma Doyle’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how much has been paid to recruitment agencies by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies and associated bodies in each year since 2010.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, which five recruitment agencies have received the largest total amount of money from (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies and associated bodies since 2010.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many military personnel, dependents and civilian staff from his Department are based in Germany.
More of Gemma Doyle’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for West Dunbartonshire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Defence Infrastructure Organisation
- Departmental NDPBs
- State Visits: Vatican
- Ministry of Defence Police
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (8 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Gemma Doyle’s speeches
- Has received answers to 15 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.88% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 37 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 99 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: BM LFI
, London W1N 3XX
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, food & drink and additional transport, total cost £1,800
Purpose of visit: fact-finding visit with a focus on defence and security.
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, food and drink, total £3,500
Purpose of visit: to meet with government ministers, members of the Federal National Council
, senior business figures and NGOs
, together with British diplomats to further relations between the UK
(Registered 14 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from