Stephen Barclay’s voting in Parliament
Stephen Barclay is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Stephen Barclay sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Stephen Barclay voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stephen Barclay’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stephen Barclay’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stephen Barclay has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 16 Jan 2018
The funding of health services in Northern Ireland is a matter for the devolved administration.
As well as regular formal meetings with trusts, NHS Improvement has multiple day-to-day interactions with them which include discussions around financial performance. The frequency of these meetings will depend on the nature and extent of the challenges the trusts face. For example where a trust is not meeting its control total, or is at risk of not meeting it, NHS Improvement will have...
Neither the Department, NHS Improvement nor Public Health England hold any data on the annual cost to the National Health Service of hospital contract funerals.
More of Stephen Barclay’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for North East Cambridgeshire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Stephen Barclay campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- Home Office
- Departmental Procurement
- Senior Civil Servants
- Departmental Dismissal
- Departmental Expenditure
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care) (since 9 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (14 Jun 2017 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Government Whip (17 Jul 2016 to 14 Jun 2017)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 23 Jun 2014)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Stephen Barclay’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 88 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Barclay’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 150 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 19 Mar 2018.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Mr John P Foster
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 07 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from