Stephen Barclay’s voting in Parliament
Stephen Barclay is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Stephen Barclay sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Stephen Barclay voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stephen Barclay’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stephen Barclay’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stephen Barclay has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
European Union Committee: Scrutiny of Brexit negotiations.
Witnesses: (at 4:00 PM) Mr Stephen Barclay MP, Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, Department for Exiting the European Union
Before Christmas, the Government presented to Parliament a comprehensive deal for the UK’s withdrawal from the EU. We continue to believe that this is the best deal to honour the referendum result and deliver certainty for our businesses, our citizens and our security. It was clear that there was much that Members agreed with, but we listened to the views of the House, which in particular...
We have a very good early illustration in this debate of the attitude of Scottish National party Members, because even before I get into my statement setting out what measures have been taken since the pause in the debate, they have already decided that they have reached their judgment on those measures.
More of Stephen Barclay’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for North East Cambridgeshire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Stephen Barclay campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- Home Office
- Departmental Procurement
- Senior Civil Servants
- Departmental Dismissal
- Departmental Expenditure
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union (since 16 Nov 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care) (9 Jan 2018 to 16 Nov 2018)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (14 Jun 2017 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Government Whip (17 Jul 2016 to 14 Jun 2017)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 23 Jun 2014)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Stephen Barclay’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.78% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 88 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Barclay’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 237 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)