Stephen Barclay campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Stephen Barclay’s voting in Parliament
Stephen Barclay is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Stephen Barclay sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Stephen Barclay consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stephen Barclay’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stephen Barclay’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stephen Barclay has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
indicated assent. The House forthwith resolved itself into the Legislative Grand Committee (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) ( Standing Order No. 83M). [Natascha Engel in the Chair]
The legislative consent motions are before the House and available to Members. I beg to move. Resolved, That the Committee consents to the following certified clauses and schedules of the Enterprise Bill [Lords] and certified amendments made by the House to the Bill: Clauses and schedules certified under Standing Order No. 83L(2) as relating exclusively to England and Wales and being within...
More of Stephen Barclay’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for North East Cambridgeshire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Home Office
- Departmental Procurement
- Senior Civil Servants
- Departmental Dismissal
- Departmental Expenditure
Currently held offices
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 23 Jun 2014)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Stephen Barclay’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.48% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 82 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Barclay’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 83 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Sep 2016.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: England Rugby 2015 Ltd
Address of donor: Webb Ellis House, Rugby Road, Twickenham TW1 1DZ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: ticket and hospitality at the Argentina v Australia Rugby World Cup match; value £615
Date received: 25 October 2015
Date accepted: 25 October 2015
Donor status: company, registration 06777896
(Registered 02 November 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from