Claire Perry’s voting in Parliament
Claire Perry is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Claire Perry sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Claire Perry voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Claire Perry voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Claire Perry’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Claire Perry’s full vote analysis page for more.
Claire Perry has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Those discussions are ongoing. I would be happy to update my hon. Friend once a conclusion has been reached.
The sums the Government has received each year from its share of scheme surpluses are set out below. There were no receipts before 1998. Surplus shares are calculated at three-yearly valuations and paid in ten annual instalments. More information is available in a House of Commons Research Briefing. The Government guarantee has enabled an investment strategy that has resulted in scheme...
Earlier this year the independent Oil and Gas Authority (OGA) commissioned a report from the British Geological Survey (BGS) to review the depth and location of historic coal mines in the East Midlands, which is a prospective area for shale gas development. The OGA has commissioned a further report from the BGS which will include a review of historical seismicity which will be published in...
More of Claire Perry’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Devizes
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Claire Perry campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Business: Government Assistance
- Children: Service Personnel
- Departmental Leave
- Inland Waterways
- Social Services: Fees and Charges
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (since 12 Jun 2017)
- Minister of State (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (Energy and Clean Growth) (since 12 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (15 Jul 2014 to 15 Jul 2016)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 5 Dec 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Claire Perry’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.28% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 107 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Claire Perry’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 373 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from