Claire Perry campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Claire Perry’s voting in Parliament
Claire Perry is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Claire Perry sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Claire Perry consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Claire Perry’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Claire Perry’s full vote analysis page for more.
Claire Perry has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
As the Prime Minister leads us towards a smart and smooth Brexit—as I like to call it, a “smexit”—I am sure she shares my view that the flexibility of Britain’s labour market is one of this country’s great strengths. However, she will be aware that the growth of new business models as part of the so-called gig economy is causing real concern that...
Will my right hon. Friend give way?
As the House knows, I welcomed part 3 of the Bill on Second Reading, but I did raise, as did many other right hon. and hon. Members, the question of enforcement. We considered the possibility of internet service providers being asked to block sites that disregarded the Government’s requirement for age verification, and I tabled a series of amendments on that point in Committee. I...
More of Claire Perry’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Devizes
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Business: Government Assistance
- Children: Service Personnel
- Departmental Leave
- Inland Waterways
- Social Services: Fees and Charges
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (15 Jul 2014 to 15 Jul 2016)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 5 Dec 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Claire Perry’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 115 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Claire Perry’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 230 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from