Claire Perry’s voting in Parliament
Claire Perry is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Claire Perry sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Claire Perry voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Claire Perry voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Claire Perry’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Claire Perry’s full vote analysis page for more.
Claire Perry has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 11 Feb 2019
EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee: Post-Brexit carbon pricing.
Witnesses: (at 11:00 AM) Rt Hon Claire Perry MP, Minister of State for Energy and Clean Growth, BEIS
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Davies, in particular as you have a long-standing interest in the whole area of decarbonisation. I sincerely congratulate the hon. Member for Greenwich and Woolwich (Matthew Pennycook) on securing the debate. He, as usual, gave us a thoughtful, informed and passionate exposition of the problem. In his current position, and as a councillor...
At the beginning of this month, I met the rt. hon. Member for Orkney and Shetland, the hon. Member Argyll and Bute, and other parliamentary colleagues to discuss industry proposals for developing the wave and tidal energy sectors. Wave and tidal stream projects are eligible to enter the forthcoming Contract for Difference allocation round.
More of Claire Perry’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Devizes
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Claire Perry campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Business: Government Assistance
- Children: Service Personnel
- Departmental Leave
- Inland Waterways
- Social Services: Fees and Charges
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (since 12 Jun 2017)
- Minister of State (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (Energy and Clean Growth) (since 12 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (15 Jul 2014 to 15 Jul 2016)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 5 Dec 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Claire Perry’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.50% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 110 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Claire Perry’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 395 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 4 Feb 2019.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
From 27 November 2015, flat in London: (i) and since 7 March 2016 (ii). (Registered 09 September 2016; updated 09 November 2018)
From 29 February 2016, flat in London: (i) and (ii). (Registered 09 September 2016; updated 09 November 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from