Mel Stride’s voting in Parliament
Mel Stride is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mel Stride sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mel Stride voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Mel Stride voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Mel Stride generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mel Stride’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mel Stride’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mel Stride has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 16 Jan 2018
During 2016/17 HMRC processed 2.3bn transactions, 95% of which were digital. Where Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) were available as an option they made up 80% of service transactions. APIs currently account for about 12% of all digital transactions. HMRC is currently unable to supply the transaction value that came through APIs. This is because a significant number of internal...
The cleaning service at HM Treasury is provided through a service contract, administered by the landlord for 1 Horse Guards Road (Exchequer Partnership). HM Treasury does not hold information on remuneration for cleaners.
HM Revenue and Customs publishes its average waiting time (Average Speed of Answer - ASA) performance data on a monthly and quarterly basis on GOV.UK. https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/hmrc-monthly-perfo rmance-reports https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/hmrc-quarterly-per formance-updates
More of Mel Stride’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Central Devon
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Mel Stride campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Northern Ireland
- Road Fuel Testing Unit
- Excise Duties: Wines
- Hill Farming
- Parish Councils: Bank Services
Currently held offices
- Financial Secretary to the Treasury and Paymaster General (since 12 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Comptroller (HM Household) (Deputy Chief Whip, House of Commons) (18 Jul 2016 to 12 Jun 2017)
- Government Whip (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 28 Nov 2011)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Mel Stride’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.73% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 149 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mel Stride’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 229 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from