A selection of Mel Stride's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2010–2017
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
20 votes for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2015
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mel Stride’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mel Stride’s full vote analysis page for more.
May I also associate myself with the generous comments that have been made?
You may take your jacket off, Sir Roger.
I beg to move, That further consideration be now adjourned.
More of Mel Stride’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Central Devon
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Mel Stride campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Northern Ireland
- Road Fuel Testing Unit
- Excise Duties: Wines
- Hill Farming
- Parish Councils: Bank Services
Other offices held in the past
- Comptroller (HM Household) (Deputy Chief Whip, House of Commons) (18 Jul 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Government Whip (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 28 Nov 2011)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Mel Stride’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.29% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 169 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from