Mel Stride campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Mel Stride’s voting in Parliament
Mel Stride is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mel Stride sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mel Stride consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
Mel Stride generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mel Stride’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mel Stride’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mel Stride has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
May I also associate myself with the generous comments that have been made?
You may take your jacket off, Sir Roger.
I beg to move, That further consideration be now adjourned.
More of Mel Stride’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Central Devon
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Northern Ireland
- Road Fuel Testing Unit
- Excise Duties: Wines
- Hill Farming
- Parish Councils: Bank Services
Currently held offices
- Comptroller (HM Household) (Deputy Chief Whip, House of Commons) (since 18 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 28 Nov 2011)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Mel Stride’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.16% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 158 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mel Stride’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from