Zac Goldsmith’s voting in Parliament
Zac Goldsmith is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Zac Goldsmith sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Zac Goldsmith consistently voted against selling England’s state owned forests, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
Zac Goldsmith consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Zac Goldsmith generally voted for a right to remain for EU nationals already in living in the UK, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted against. Show votes
Zac Goldsmith generally voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
Zac Goldsmith almost always voted against culling badgers to tackle bovine tuberculosis, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Zac Goldsmith generally voted against a statutory register of lobbyists, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Zac Goldsmith generally voted for greater regulation of gambling, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Zac Goldsmith generally voted for financial incentives for low carbon emission electricity generation methods, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Zac Goldsmith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Zac Goldsmith’s full vote analysis page for more.
Zac Goldsmith has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what estimate he has made of the total economic benefit to each region from expansion at Heathrow Airport.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what steps he is taking to prevent the deliberate use of drones to disrupt transport.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what steps her Department is taking to ensure that operators on the 101 non-emergency crime reporting service have sufficient knowledge of the local areas for which they are responsible.
More of Zac Goldsmith’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Richmond Park
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Zac Goldsmith campaigned to leave the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Innovation and Skills
- Heathrow Airport
- Electric Vehicles
- Energy: Conservation
- Green Investment Bank
Currently held offices
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 25 Oct 2016)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Zac Goldsmith’s speeches
- Has received answers to 32 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 212 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Zac Goldsmith’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 152 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Peter Hall
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 06 July 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Land in Andalucía owned by a family trust of which I am a beneficiary: (i). (Registered 06 July 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Fitzdares Holdings Ltd; bespoke bookmaker. (Registered 06 July 2017)
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
All Star Leisure Group; ten pin bowling. (Registered 06 July 2017)
Weeding Technologies Ltd; herbicide-free weed control systems. (Registered 06 July 2017)
Trustee, the Aspinall Foundation; an animal conservation charity. (Registered 06 July 2017)
Director, the Countryside Restoration Trust. (Registered 06 July 2017)
Investment in WHEB
Ventures Private Equity LP
; an investor specialising in sustainability and the environmental sector. (Registered 06 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from