Mark Spencer’s voting in Parliament
Mark Spencer is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mark Spencer sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mark Spencer voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Spencer’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Spencer’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Spencer has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
I congratulate the Minister on all that she has done to encourage competition, which helps consumers to get a price that is better for them. That is in stark contrast to Opposition Members who often scaremonger about capacity markets driving prices up and scare my constituents into worrying about whether they can pay their bills.
Will the Secretary of State update the House on what she is doing to bring economic empowerment to women, especially in the world’s poorest countries?
Will the Department update the House on the progress being made in increasing the number of cadet units in state schools so that more young people can benefit from the skills and experiences of those cadet units?
More of Mark Spencer’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Sherwood
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Mark Spencer campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Energy and Climate Change
- Ministerial Visits: Nottinghamshire
- Green Deal
- Tobacco: Smuggling
- Renewable Transport Fuel Obligation
Currently held offices
- Comptroller (HM Household) (Whip, House of Commons) (since 26 Jul 2018)
- Member, Selection Committee (since 14 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Government Whip (9 Jan 2018 to 26 Jul 2018)
- Government Whip (15 Jun 2017 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jun 2016 to 15 Jun 2017)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (4 Nov 2013 to 10 Dec 2013)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (4 Nov 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Mark Spencer’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 105 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Spencer’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 147 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Aug 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Partner in CH
Spencer and Son (farmers). Address: Spring Lane Farm, Mapperley Plains, Notts. I receive benefit in kind from the farm of £5-10,000 per annum in the form of payment of telephone, heating and council tax of my family home.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Charles Strawson
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: individual
(Registered 06 July 2017; updated 12 January 2018
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: British Association for Shooting and Conservation
Address of donor: Marford Mill, Rossett, Wrexham LL12 0HL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: one day’s shooting with a value of £670
Date of receipt of donation: 15 December 2017
Date of acceptance of donation: 15 December 2017
Donor status: Registered Industrial and Provident Society No 28488R
(Registered 22 January 2018)
Name of donor: Motor Sports Association
Address of donor: Motor Sports House, Riverside Park, Colnbrook SL3 0HG
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Ticket plus hospitality for the Grand Prix at Silverstone, with a total value of £558
Date received: 8 July 2018
Date accepted: 8 July 2018
Donor status: company, registration 1344829
(Registered 25 July 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
A farm (see category 1) in Sherwood: (i) and (ii).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Spring Lane Farm Ltd (formerly Floralands Ltd); a farm shop of which I am an unremunerated director. (Updated 26 May 2016
Partner in CH Spencer and Son (farmers). (Registered 07 June 2016
As part of its holdings, Spring Lane Farm Ltd owns a garden centre in Sherwood. (Updated 26 May 2016 and 07 June 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from