Mark Spencer’s voting in Parliament
Mark Spencer is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mark Spencer sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mark Spencer consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Spencer’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Spencer’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Spencer has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
I congratulate the Minister on all that she has done to encourage competition, which helps consumers to get a price that is better for them. That is in stark contrast to Opposition Members who often scaremonger about capacity markets driving prices up and scare my constituents into worrying about whether they can pay their bills.
Will the Secretary of State update the House on what she is doing to bring economic empowerment to women, especially in the world’s poorest countries?
Will the Department update the House on the progress being made in increasing the number of cadet units in state schools so that more young people can benefit from the skills and experiences of those cadet units?
More of Mark Spencer’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Sherwood
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Mark Spencer campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Energy and Climate Change
- Ministerial Visits: Nottinghamshire
- Green Deal
- Tobacco: Smuggling
- Renewable Transport Fuel Obligation
Currently held offices
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (4 Nov 2013 to 10 Dec 2013)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (4 Nov 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Mark Spencer’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.99% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 99 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Spencer’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 147 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Partner in CH
Spencer and Son (farmers). Address: Spring Lane Farm, Mapperley Plains, Notts. I receive benefit in kind from the farm of £5-10,000 per annum in the form of payment of telephone, heating and council tax of my family home.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Douglas Gascoigne
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Date received: 25 March 2016
Date accepted: 25 March 2016
Donor status: individual
(Registered 01 April 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
A farm (see category 1) in Sherwood: (i) and (ii).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Spring Lane Farm Ltd (formerly Floralands Ltd); a farm shop of which I am an unremunerated director. (Updated 26 May 2016
Partner in CH Spencer and Son (farmers). (Registered 07 June 2016
As part of its holdings, Spring Lane Farm Ltd owns a garden centre in Sherwood. (Updated 26 May 2016 and 07 June 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from